Community Group Template - Recommendations?

In this section you can share templates you've created with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
markjmcg

Community Group Template - Recommendations?

Post by markjmcg »

Hi,
I have a little knowledge of web site production (can follow guides :D ). The one I need to update is:

http://www.newtownabbeymensshed.org.uk, if you have the time to look at it - no criticisms please, I know it is in need of an overhaul :D

The software used is very much like a Publisher format (programme is called W****us by S***f). They no longer use Google recaptur & to prevent spam, this is a major requirement (I have a temp solution there at the moment).

I came across WWB (I have v12.5 - registered) & it seems to suit my needs - problem...a learning curving for me who is too old to start again :cry:

This is a volunteer community group & I have been looking through some templates & would like some help/advice on the best template to use.
Requirements (similar to the existing website) but responsive:
Home page
Contact (with anti-spam, recaptur2)
Success page
About us
Gallery
Events

I am happy to pay a small fee for the correct one if necessary ( I have downloaded the recaptur2 extension - dunno how to use it yet) :D

Many thanks in advance

Mark
pajadt

Re: Community Group Template - Recommendations?

Post by pajadt »

Hello Mark
What is that small fee which you give for this work :D, and what you think it be as good offer from you :D
markjmcg

Post by markjmcg »

Hi,
I have looked at a number of templates (around $20.00), which can nearly be adapted to suit my needs, but not quite covers the area of a 'Community Group'. If someone was to create a suitable template for this 'market', I believe that it is a suitable 'business opportunity' not yet established.

Those working in the community (like myself), volunteer (do not get paid, it is not-for-profit), but still try to provide a service to facilitate users with limited funds, time & resources :(

We (me) certainly could not pay/afford the 'business rate' of $50.00 or so per page as it would be out of our (my) budget :)

So to answer your question, $20-$30 for the template (which is a bit more than already advertised templates). I would imagine that some of the existing templates could be easily modified to reflect a 'Community Group' theme - that is my thoughts :D

Regards,

Mark
bburgess

Post by bburgess »

Hi Mark,

I have a selection of templates as well as being able to adapt the WB ones if they have caught your eye.

Only issue is I am employed Full Time and have limited hours to spend on Freelancing at present.

So if you have no luck with any of the developers here and if your happy to have the project underway and are able to wait (maybe 3 months) for a completion date, then feel free to contact me via my contact page.

Cheers
Brett
KISS is the key!
markjmcg

Post by markjmcg »

Hi,
Many thanks for the offer :-) I see you live 'down under' - Australia is actually where the 'Men's Shed' movement originated :D

Trying to get there myself, though stuck on getting the recapur2 extension working atm, but will certainly keep in touch :-)

Regards,

Mark
bburgess

Post by bburgess »

Hi Mark,

Yep Aussie here mate :D

I had some issues with it working on whilst using the Login Tool set, and could not resolve that one :(

Have you tried the Invisible reCAPTCHA it may give you a better result. I had that up and running fine, however its PHP took over the validation settings.

Have fun with WB its great software :)

Cheers
BB
KISS is the key!
markjmcg

Post by markjmcg »

Hi,
Many thanks. No I haven't tried that one yet. I tried the Captcha (under the Form Controls) & this works, but I believe that it will be discontinued soon :-(

Will def try it later :-)

I have sent an email to the host provider asking to confirm if reCAPTCHA v2 (dunno why it doesn't work, unless 'issue' is at server end - though I find that hard to believe) is compatible with their version of php - awaiting response...this is really all I need to work properly to get site up n running...but can wait :-)

Regards,

Mark

Update: Yep, just got response from provider, they updated php to 5.6 & added .htaccess file into folder - all working now :D
bburgess

Post by bburgess »

Good stuff! Your all set mate :)

Let us know when the sites up I will have a sticky :P
KISS is the key!