Sneak Preview of a PARALLAX template

In this section you can share templates you've created with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Adendum

Re: Sneak Preview of a PARALLAX template

Post by Adendum »

Adendum wrote:No. Any LINKS will JUMP to the linked anchor, so no smooth scroll or parallax effect.
Guess what.......... I lied yet again! :D :shock: :D

Thanks to Pablo's totally amazing program the internal links now also use the smooth scroll and parallax effects. So JUMPing doesn't have to happen. I just found that you can add a class statement to a link. Pablo thought of everything! Check out the links in section 1 and section 5 of the demo, while I get on with the new demo and documentation.

Have fun and talk amongst yourselves!
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!
zinc

Post by zinc »

Paul;
Great work!

Two questions;

1. Is there a reason why the toolbar (5 buttons) appear during site load?
2. While the pagination and tooltips are now pure CSS, is there no way to assign images for pagination? Maybe something for the future versions.
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

zinc wrote:1. Is there a reason why the toolbar (5 buttons) appear during site load?
You are suffering from premature something or other! I am still tweaking and fault finding fella. This was on my list and now dealt with.
zinc wrote:2. While the pagination and tooltips are now pure CSS, is there no way to assign images for pagination? Maybe something for the future versions.
The 5 buttons at the top in the header is the Top Navigation = pure CSS,
The 5 buttons at the side are the Side Navigation = pure CSS,
The Up and Down arrows (triangles) are the Next/Prev Navigation = pure CSS.

All the above WERE images but that limited the colour options, with pure CSS you can have any colour and you can manipulate the shape through border-radius settings. Not sure what you mean by 'images for pagination.

As this is a PARALLAX single page design I expect the pages to be top heavy on images so I am (and have) reduced all other imagery to zero by using CSS. SO I don't really want to add more weight by offering any more images to the page load. At the moment, you can (if you used all options) have 15 parallax images and whatever you use for the page background - the latest demo uses a single image via Backstretch, so the page is loading 16 images.....not ideal.

I'm signing off for the day now. I plan to produce another, and much simpler demo, tomorrow and then write up the instructions, help file etc. Feel free to browser test for me....and don't bother with iPads or Smart phones as parallax wont work with them.

:)

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

OK...........what you see now is the final demo and will remain as the example site.

When I complete the process of writing the help file and an instructions page in the template I will be releasing the template and will generate a new thread.

The purchase download will include the following:-

1. A blank template that includes a page of instructions and general information,
2. A separate zipped version of the Parallax extension with the normal help file, some of which may be duplicated in the template instructions,
3. A separate zipped version of the demo so you can inspect the .wbs project and files.

Note that your server will need to have PHP 5.0 or better. and you will need WWB 9.3 or better.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Adendum

Post by Adendum »

HOUSTON...........we are good to go.

T-minus 10 in 10.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=60775

Adendum

Post by Adendum »

The demo template and its symbiotic extension do not currently set an active button in the Top Navigation system - there is an active button in the Side Navigation.

I will look at that possibility.

Adendum

Post by Adendum »

It was released several weeks ago. Check my signature fot demos or go here to buy.

bry

Post by bry »

Adendum wrote:

One thing I do need to investigate is how to handle a potential SERP issue. Maybe someone can offer a suggestion? The issue is that the template is a one page site but is made up of 5 other pages that are embedded in the index page. This is necessary to make it easy for the user to create their content.

So once published and the site gets crawled it will find 6 pages in total. If Google reports back on a search and offers up one of the pages (that is embedded) and that page is clicked, the visitor will get a page with no navigation to the rest of the site. So I am looking for a method that ensures if one of the 5 pages is accessed (by any method) that the browser takes them to index.html. Ideas?
I think that to handle the SERP issue, your menu links should not be at the top and horizontally aligned but should be on the left vertically aligned. That would correspond to the vertical design of the pages and makes more sense to me. That is just my thought on it.

thanks