PayPal Mini Cart - Selecting Postage?

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
ColinM

PayPal Mini Cart - Selecting Postage?

Post by ColinM »

Hi Pablo,

My Client really wants to use PayPal mini cart (saw it on another website) has two sets of six possible postage rates.

Do you know if it is possible to use a Combobox to allow selection and passing of the postage to PayPal ?

I've added the Combobox and specified combobox object id in the Add To Cart Button - Options tab - the "value" of the selected item shows in the mini cart but it doesn't see to be passing to PayPal?

If it IS possible what do I have to put in the value field say for $20.00 postage please?
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Pablo

Re: PayPal Mini Cart - Selecting Postage?

Post by Pablo »

If you can see the value then I assume it will also be submitted to PayPal. Unless there is a bug in the MiniCart script.
Unfortunately I do not have any control over the behavior of the PayPal MiniCart, it is a third party script.
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Pablo wrote:If you can see the value then I assume it will also be submitted to PayPal. Unless there is a bug in the MiniCart script.
Unfortunately I do not have any control over the behavior of the PayPal MiniCart, it is a third party script.
OK thanks Pablo - been a long while since I did a PayPal function - bit rusty - bare with me - I'll try and get it to work first through the std approach.

With the Combobox does the field have to be in a form area and does the page have to be set to php please?
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The PayPal button and combobox should not be part of a form. The PayPal button itself is a form.
The page does not have to set set to PHP.
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Pablo wrote:The PayPal button and combobox should not be part of a form. The PayPal button itself is a form.
The page does not have to set set to PHP.
OK thanks Pablo, that's what I thought but just wanted to make sure. 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia