Multiple Webshop Plus 3.2 shops on one site

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
HORIZON

Multiple Webshop Plus 3.2 shops on one site

Post by HORIZON » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:06 pm

Okay this is what I want to do. Have already created a responsive web site template, that I managed to squeeze webshop plus 3.2 into. As in getting it to display fine on mobile screens etc.

Now I want to create a corporate site, where customers access their own password protected page, where they can see their own versions of products, their prices and be able to order directly via PayPal. Whilst PayPal buttons would be the simple solution, there is both the security aspect, plus the fact it doesn't allow them to specify separate delivery addresses etc. At the moment I am considering Webshop Plus, the only shortfall of which is that if they want to continue shopping at the cart stage, it has no way of knowing which dedicated product page to send them back to? Only way around this is to have multiple Webshop Plus backends, but don't know if this would create problems.

Has anyone done anything similar to this or have any thoughts on it. Possibly suggest a workaround or even offer another solution?

All comments, ideas and input would be welcome.. as the concept not quite slotting together for me at the moment.. :shock:

HORIZON

Re: Multiple Webshop Plus 3.2 shops on one site

Post by HORIZON » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:08 pm

Okay I am answering my own question (sort of). Been able to chill out today with a strong coffee and resolve it (sort of). :wink:

The major problem was the continue shopping button, as the customer is coming from multiple locations, from their own password protected part of the site. WebShop Plus only allows one fixed return point.

Okay first step is to lose the WebShop Plus continue shopping button on the cart page.

Second step was to use the WWB11 button creator under form controls, event set to onclick, action set to javascript function and javascript set to history.back(); in the dropdown.

At face value this 'appears' to be working fine, but obviously it needs quite a bit of testing to ensure it doesn't throw up any errors, when it goes live.

For my regular ecommerce web sites I use the mighty OpenCart, which is a beast of a program, but for sites that have a limited number of products, or you need much more flexibility than being tied to a fixed template, then George's WebShop Plus takes some beating. I speak as someone that has tried many of the cart solutions out there.. :shock: