Paypal cart - No alternative payment option??

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
Trugmaker

Paypal cart - No alternative payment option??

Post by Trugmaker »

I am updating my website. On my existing 'buy now' page, when a customer click to pay there are two options - 1) Pay with PayPal or 2) Checkout which takes the buyer to a page where they can pay with a card. As many of my customers are elderly, a good proportion of them do not have a PayPal account. Before uploading the new page, I checked the PayPal functionality but was horrified to see no 'checkout' option. I fear many customers will not bother as they do not have or want a PayPal account. Is it possible to add the option within WWB. If not it means having to sign up with other payment software as I cannot risk losing customers.
Never complain about getting old, the alternative is far worse!
Pablo

Re: Paypal cart - No alternative payment option??

Post by Pablo »

What exactly are you looking for?

You can use any payment processing you like adding custom code.
I have added PayPal because it's the most common payment method. All other payment processing will be more complicated.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

A PayPal account is not required it is a option you can read more at the following.
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/account-optional
Customers enter their name and shipping address. They’re prompted for their credit card, email address, and phone number. (Optional) After reviewing their information, they may choose to save their information by creating a PayPal account to make future transactions faster.
Trugmaker

Post by Trugmaker »

My mistake, I was using a PayPal 'Buy Now' link - I should have been using the 'Shopping Cart' link! When I changed to Cart all was as it should be. Thankyou both
Never complain about getting old, the alternative is far worse!