Alert message if the selection in Paypal is not appropriate

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
riallan

Alert message if the selection in Paypal is not appropriate

Post by riallan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi everybody;
I am desperately struggling to find the solution to a basic question when using the Paypal "add to cart button". If I want to alert the Customer that for example he has forgotten to select a size,a coulour or any other parameter before paying his purchase ,is there any tool/form which can "lock" the payment and alert him than one of the parameters of his purchase has not been selected..?
With my thanks to the supporter!
Regards

Pablo

Re: Alert message if the selection in Paypal is not appropri

Post by Pablo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:37 pm

No, PayPal does not have an option for that. In that case you will have to implement the cart script yourself or use one of the alternative cart solutions.

riallan

Post by riallan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Thank you ! Could you specify what you call "cart".. Is that a form, an extension..?

riallan

Post by riallan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:47 pm

..sorry I was talking about the term "alternative cart solutions".. from what you would recommand.. what would be these solutions..?

riallan

Post by riallan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:50 pm

Thank you for the link. Many interesting possibilities and options.Despite that I could not find the answer to my question.
I am using WWW for its multiple ready to use tools and unfortunately I am not an expert in scripts / PHP.
Asking my question differently if you still can help me, what form or extension should I use if I want to "force" buyers to fulfill a Customer profile (address,phone,etc) before they use the Paypal button ? Just to make sure I have their accurate delivery address.
Thanking you again for the follow up..!

[RZ]

Post by [RZ] » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:55 pm

support has pointed you to the easiest solutions available
if you read at paypal's site the instructions, you can delegate this requirement to them (address, etc)
if you use my extension set, you select this with just a click and paypal will ask the buyer his data, then you will receive his sending address at your mail when the buyer made a purchase
paypal will do it for you, so you won't need php
(unless you are needing something else)

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:00 pm

As already mentioned by support this is not a standard feature of the paypal button/form. It could possibly be done using the form object in WB adding what would be required such as combobox's, editbox's etc then adding verification and finally a button using paypal button with added code to it that will only submit once whst is in the form is selected. All this said will a little knowledge of forms and a little javascript to the button.

riallan

Post by riallan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:59 pm

I am now a little bit confused on the path to follow and especially for this last sequence what are the different forms/steps which may answer to the question how to collect/store usefull information,mainly delivery address,before the final payment with Paypal is authorized.
From what I undersand below Paypl could handle this delivery address status checking, do you have more information on the way and where Paypal could do this..?
Thks a lot!

riallan

Post by riallan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:19 pm

sorry to bother you again.. is there a specific develpt site ..?