Help with Basic Paypal Plug In for Ecommerce Site?

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
ColinM

Help with Basic Paypal Plug In for Ecommerce Site?

Post by ColinM »

Support and other Gurus... :D

OK, I have a client that wants to sell products on line.

I'm trying to get it up and running asap and with the minimum amount of time as I have 6 clients on the go and I've already had to launch the site because the Client has started distributing brochures with the website address on (despite me asking them not to do that :roll: );

So, for now, I just want to use the simple Paypal plug in - later, when things calm down work wise and I have time, I'll look at the WB Plus solution.

The client has products with multiple sizes and also different colours, so I've looked at using two combo boxes, one for sizes and one for colours with real time validation - but clicking on the add to cart just results in all values within the combo box being shown - how do force the buyer to select a size in the combo box and display correctly in PayPal please?

** - I've looked at both the PayPal Buy Now and the PayPal Shopping Cart doco and it doesn't give any detail on how to use the Options settings (although, yes, there is a brief how to in the Options tab.

EDIT - And Pablo - How did you get "Pablo Software Solutions" to appear above the cart rather than the email address you registered with PayPal to create you Paypal account please?
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Pablo

Re: Help with Basic Paypal Plug In for Ecommerce Site?

Post by Pablo »

The validation tools only work if the combobox is part of a form.
This will not work in combination with PayPal unless you use a regular form (instead of the predefined PayPal buttons).

If you want to use options then you can associate the comboboxes to the PayPal button in the 'Options' section of the button configuration.

I think PayPal uses the PayPal account information to display the names instead of the email address. I did not do anything special to make this happen...
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Ok thanks Pablo - will try and sus that out :D
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Patr100

Post by Patr100 »

support wrote:
I think PayPal uses the PayPal account information to display the names instead of the email address. I did not do anything special to make this happen...
I think the type of account you have may determine what is displayed there. If you have a Paypal business account then you can show the name of your company, or possibly add your own logo, with personal and other accounts , it can only show the email address.
But that may have changed since I last looked.
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Thanks Patrick and nice to hear from you :D

It is a business account I'm using - there are three accounts - Standard (Merchant Rate (MR) only) - the one I'm looking at, Advanced (more tailorable $5.00 per month plus MR and then Pro @ $30.00 per month with integrated HTTPS API with backend and additional anti-fraud attributes.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

support wrote:The validation tools only work if the combobox is part of a form.
This will not work in combination with PayPal unless you use a regular form (instead of the predefined PayPal buttons).

If you want to use options then you can associate the comboboxes to the PayPal button in the 'Options' section of the button configuration.

Back on that Pablo, given (if I hope my memory serves) that you can only have one form per (PHP) page - you would be constrained with one product per page?
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

This limitation does not apply to PayPal buttons.
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Crikey - that's given me something to think about! :shock: :D
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
adex1

Post by adex1 »

ColinM wrote:Thanks Patrick and nice to hear from you :D

It is a business account I'm using - there are three accounts - Standard (Merchant Rate (MR) only) - the one I'm looking at, Advanced (more tailorable $5.00 per month plus MR and then Pro @ $30.00 per month with integrated HTTPS API with backend and additional anti-fraud attributes.
Does it support download link?
Buy Automation Shopping Cart for CMS WEBSHOP + 2.2 Using WB10!
- Use secure gateway to buy using PAYPAL website.