Webshop Plus! v.3.2 for WWB8

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
Tretonia

Re: Webshop Plus! v.3.2 for WWB8

Post by Tretonia »

Hi George,
Sorry. very new to this game. OK with loading and editing the back end of program but the front-end is giving me a little problem when I load it into WWB8 with the site I want it to run on open I cannot get the graphics to come with the php files I am using "Import page from another project".
Should I be doing it another way?
Thanks
Tretonia
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Not sure what you mean. You mean the images? if yes, it is not important, you can open both projects at the same time and copy / paste images. Or, if you prefer, use your own product images.

If you mean something else, plese clarify.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Tretonia

Post by Tretonia »

Navaldesign wrote:Not sure what you mean. You mean the images? if yes, it is not important, you can open both projects at the same time and copy / paste images. Or, if you prefer, use your own product images.
I was referring more to the layout images and not the product images.
It was just that I was reading in these posts that some of the information could be lost in a copy and past and just thought that I might be doing it the wrong way. Thank you for confirming that I am doing it correctly.
Best regards
Tretonia
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

Hi Navel,

Many customers find the 'thankyou' page confusing and fail to proceed to payment and get further confused because they receive the auto email with their order details. I'm trying to make the 'thankyou' page into an order confirmation which will show the order details and then require payment as I think this would feel more natural for the customer.

I have played with set ups based on the code contained within the thankyou page and tried to add the fields as below.

But when run I get the following result

The fields for $cart[PRODUCTCODE], $cart[PRODUCTNAME] and $cart[QUANTITY] simply show as array yet the $subtotal shows correctly. I'm very rusty but presume that the first three sould be something like $productcode but this variable is not shown in the code and shows blank on the published page.

I've also tried:
'.$cart[PRODUCTCODE][$i].'
'.$cart[PRODUCTNAME][$i].'
'.$cart[QUANTITY][$i].'

but with no joy

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Actually, those are arrays (containing all the ordered products code, name and quantity)

You can use the $cart[PRODUCTCODE][$i] (etc) BUT you should include it in a loop, in example:

for ($i = 0; $i < $itemcount; $i++){
echo $cart[PRODUCTCODE][$i]." ".$cart[PRODUCTNAME][$i]."<br>";
}
echo "Total: $subtotal <br>";

I prefer to use a table, similar to the one used in the "cart" table (after removing all the unecessary code) to display a summary plus the button.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hello Navaldesign,

I am just wondering when version 3.2 was released!
Another thing, is there any chance to have a CMS WebShop? I mean in the Admin area admin can add categories and products, along with their infos.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Version 3.2 was released Dic 27, 2011.

A full online managed cart requires a database and a lot of work. To be honest, I do have it ready, but it is a paid for script.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Navaldesign wrote:Version 3.2 was released Dic 27, 2011.

A full online managed cart requires a database and a lot of work. To be honest, I do have it ready, but it is a paid for script.
And this paid one, does it work like -let's say- OpenCart or any one of those free E-commerce scripts in Softaculous?
And how much is it for?

Thank you :)
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

It works more or less like these.

Cost can only be discussed outside this forum.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

How can we discuss that? You can have my email address from the admin.
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Navaldesign, shall i contact you regarding the paid script through you website email?
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Yes, you can contact me through my website contact form.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
maxime

Post by maxime »

is it a script to use with wwb8 like an extension like the cms object. I may be intestrested by this kind of script.Ca ve see it in action. demo??
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

If the project is in the "cart" directory, the index page should be " http://www.yourdomain.com/cart/index.php " and the Administration area should be " http://www.yourdomain.com/cart/admin/index.php "

If this is really so, then there is no need to edit the paths as they are already alright.

A link to the cart please ?
www.dbtechnosystems.com
maxime

Post by maxime »

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Although there are some generic thoughts about adding features, there is no plan for a new version yet.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Implementin Ideal is rather easy. You need to replace the code in the HTML box of the "thankyou" page, with the one provided by Ideal.

It goes by itself that you will need to replace, in the code, the absolute values that Ideal uses in its code, with the cart variables (value, description, etc)

There is no plan at the moment for un update to include Ideal checkout as standard built in feature.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Both your requests are possible, but of course some work is required to create and test.
The demo in the video is based on the Webshop Plus but the user that created it added the details fields in the "customer" page.
This is very easy actually, as the variables are stored as session variables, but you need to have some PHP knowledge.

However, from the video, I understand that someone from the German forum has modified Webshop Plus and has created a template available for download.
I have not been able to register in the German forum (somehow, the human verification field, where I should type the color of a lemon or a strawberry, would NOT accept my answer, thus I could not register), so I haven't been able to download the modified demo and check how it has been modified. You can try yourself.

As an easy solution, you can use simply an Iframe to display the cart content also in this page.
You can use an Iframe also to display the customer details.

If you make these iframes without borders and use the same page background, it will be very hard to tell that these appear in iframes and not in the page itself.
I'm not sure is there is going to be an update, I would preferably create a (free) cart similar to Webshop Plus but database driven, as many of the pro users (developers) here have asked for a cart that they can create at the start but then their customers can manage online, so I will probably go this way (whenever I have the time to).
www.dbtechnosystems.com
jeff11214

Post by jeff11214 »

Hi George,
I just uploaded all WB9 files as is (no changes to the pages), but the page shows nothing and I'm not sure why. I also uploaded all files as is to a different domain from a different hosting company and that too shows blank pages. Any idea why this is? They both support PHP. In fact, I'm using php contact forms on both websites.

(URL removed)

The following page does show, but can't get beyond it.
(URL removed)

-Jeff
Last edited by jeff11214 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Did you setup the backend ? especially the "Shipping to Countries" section.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
jeff11214

Post by jeff11214 »

Thanks.. was my mistake.
jeff11214

Post by jeff11214 »

Quick question...
You emphasize - Upload the entire "cart" folder, from your computer to the "root" directory of your site.

Will it be an issue to use a sub-folder as a testing environment. For example, root-directory/test-folder and upload everything to this location.
Reason for this is to not interfere with current website.
Then eventually move everything from the test-folder up to the root directory. I hope everything is relative paths.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

To avoid mistakes (missing files) I suggest that you upload the "cart" folder as is, then rename it, on the server, to "test_folder" or whatever you like.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
jeff11214

Post by jeff11214 »

Is it necessary to add the cart folder to robots.txt?
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

If you want to promote sales, it is reasonable to think that SEs should be able to find your product pages, so the answer is Yes.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
jeff11214

Post by jeff11214 »

I see the note To delete a product, change the quantity to be "0" and press "Recalculate" to remove an item from the cart, but is it possible to show a remove button beside every item?
jeff11214

Post by jeff11214 »

Hi George,
I'm guessing this is not something which can be easily implemented.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

No, it is not difficult, and I already have it in my paid for carts.
But, implementing it, testing it, creating a new package (zip) and uploading on the server mighr require 2 - 3 hrs which at the moment I can't afford to spend due to personal work.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
jeff11214

Post by jeff11214 »

Thank you. I appreciate your response. Maybe in the future I'll look into your paid version.
birxbir

Post by birxbir »

thank you for webshop,
I think to use this card. Does the latest version 3.2 ?
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Yes, 3.2 is the latest version.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
adex1

Post by adex1 »

Hi George, I think I read somewhere sometime ago that you charge for options for this extension.
Like what other feature do you charge for?

Thanks in advance.
Buy Automation Shopping Cart for CMS WEBSHOP + 2.2 Using WB10!
- Use secure gateway to buy using PAYPAL website.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

For customization of Webshop Plus you can contact me through my site contact form.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
bry

Post by bry »

I just downloaded this and thought I could do a manual install of the extension via WB8. That didn't work.

Specifically, I clicked on Tools/Extension Manager/Manual Install. It looked for a *.wbx file and didn't find one.

What am I missing? Thanks!

Nevermind. I got it done.

thanks
bry

Post by bry »

I have just put this on a website. Actually, I haven't tested it and I'm only using the following pages: products, cart folder with cart1, customer, checkout, custom_details, thankyou and thankyou1 (why the difference), error and cancel.

I'm not sure how to put a second cart on the same site. Do I need to put each one (with all of the pages mentioned) in individual folders?? I'm not sure how to put the cart folder in a folder. Or maybe I only put the second shopping cart in a separate folder. If so, do I need all of the pages I use in that separate folder - or are some of the pages common to both shopping carts.

Thanks, I hope that is clear!! I really appreciate you giving us a template for this. That made the first one pretty easy (even though I haven't tested it.

Thanks Naval Design. I've got to wait on your answer before I know how to deal with the second cart. Basically, this shopping cart has two different kinds of products.

To answer my own question, I think that I just use (like your sample) two different products pages. Is that right??

thanks
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

If you need separate carts, you must install them in separate folders.

Please read the manual, it explains why you have thankyou and thankyou1 (as well as cart and cart1) pages.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
bry

Post by bry »

Thanks NavalDesign. I will be reading that tonight!!
gevers

Post by gevers »

Is it possible to change the language on the order form for print. Do i made the changes in the php code ?
Thanks in advance.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

The backend is only in English as it would require too much effort and code changes to make it multilingual.

If you want to change the labels, you will need to modify the PHP code.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
gevers

Post by gevers »

Ok Thanks.
it is difficult to find the code for the confirmation e-mail to the customer.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

The confirmation mail labels can be set through the Admin area, no need to modify the code.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
gevers

Post by gevers »

Thanks, I need to translate the English terms into Dutch for the mail conformation.
I think thats the php form: dbts_includes/admin_mail_webshop.php.
But i can't find the text

Hello, this email is to confirm that your Order has been received.
Following details have been submitted:

Do i need to edit it els where ?
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

You can edit the non-cart labels by double clicking the DBTS Form processor object in the "thankyou" page and editing the Admin mail and Autoresponder mail headers. Please read instructions in the DBTS Form Processor manual.

Also note that to be able to make amendments not only in text but also in font size, color and family, you must have installed the HTML Textbox and HTML Textarea extensions.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
gevers

Post by gevers »

Thank you very much. It worked.
randm

Post by randm »

Hi Naval

I've been working on a WebShop_Plus_3_2 project for several weeks now, and it was coming along nicely. But since having updated to WB 9.4 yesterday, I am having problems. I thought maybe it was a conflict with one of the extensions I was using, but I tried the entire demo project in a new test site, and it just doesn't publish. The site URL is saying:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

I even started all over again with a new .zip file and re-loaded the demo project, cart folder and Webshop_plus3 folder to my computer. I've tried everything - and this has only been since I upgraded to WB v9.4 yesterday. I had a WebShop project that was working, but after publishing it in WB9.4, it crashed.

I also couldn't find any specific instructions in the PDF concerning where the 10 files included in the webshop_plus3 folder should be uploaded on the server. Should they go inside the "cart" folder, or outside?

Thanks for your great shopping cart - and your help.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

The error you posted is usually due to wrong permissions of the folder or of a specific file.

Files should be 644 folders 755 (on UNIX - Linux systems). Check it.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
randm

Post by randm »

Navaldesign wrote:The error you posted is usually due to wrong permissions of the folder or of a specific file.

Files should be 644 folders 755 (on UNIX - Linux systems). Check it.
Hi Naval
Checked them all - they're as they should be. I'm also having trouble with the installation not letting me log in to the back end with the "username" and "password", even on a new installation. As I said before, I had a project successfully loaded with WebShop that I've been working on for the past week - and after I upgraded WB yesterday to the latest version, suddenly the cart just crashed. I installed it again on a new test site - and even this new installation won't let me get into the back end. :?
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

I don't think this has anything to do with the WWB 9.4 update.
This MUST be a server issue.

If you wish, provide me your FTP details through my site contact form so I can check it directly on the server.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
randm

Post by randm »

OK, will do. Thanks
Last edited by randm on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gevers

Post by gevers »

Hello, Is it possible to change the size of the productforms? Now the width is 523 high and 111. I try for example to change the width of form1 and form2 to 150 and 100 but it does not work.
I'ts on the product1.php page. In the example the products are in horizontal position i like the product presentation on the productpage vertical.
I Hope you can help me.

Greetz Gerrie