Webshop Plus! v.3.2 for WWB8

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
Navaldesign

Re: Webshop Plus! v.3.2 for WWB8

Post by Navaldesign »

Your root directory should be "public_html" from what I see I'm under the impression that you have uploaded the files on the upper level, which is only reachable through FTP and cPanel but not through the browser.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

procan wrote:Hi there,

I am just in the process of setting webshop plus up. My question is...if I have already designed a website in WWB and have products etc, do I need to re-build them into the template that you have provided to be able to properly utilize the cart? I also have a bunch of other pages such as services and about us etc, do I need to create these in this template as well?

Just need a little clarification please!

Thanks
You can keep your own product pages as well as the rest of the pages. However, for the cart to work, you need to add, in each product page, the form (with the Add to Cart" button, using as template the forms included in the demo project. Copy / paste from one project to the other is enough to get the form in your own project, then double click the form and customize the hidden fields as required.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Madalina Bora wrote:Hi Naval,

I managed to understand how everything should be with this shopping cart, but I still have 2 questions left:

1) I uploaded the modified project on my server, in cart folder (which is in public_html folder -which is my root), but when I access my home page it shows me: Index, and "cart" folder, which I have to click to go to the website. How can I do to appear directly my home page?
Not sure what you mean. Is your home page called "index.html" or "index.php" ? This is the default naming for the website first page.
2) I want to remove the customer.php page, as I don't need it, and I want to connect cart.php page (when check out button is clicked) to checkout.php page directly.
How can I do this? I tried to create an advanced button as "Check out" button with a link to checkout.php page, but it's not working.
This requires changing the code. Not only to redirect to the "checkout" page but also to disregard the email address validation which at this point will be missing bevause you no longer have the "customer" page.
I just noticed that the button "Continue shopping" from cart page, send customers to home/index page.
How can I do to send them to the previous page?
Again, I tried with an advance button and smart link (to previous page) but it's not working and it gives me an error.
The "Continue Shopping " button will send the user to whichever page you have set it to be, in the Admin area, PayPal details.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Regarding the "Continue Shopping": you can acheive this but you will need to modify the code. Also, it will be necessary that all product pages be .php so you can set a session variable equal to the page URL. In all case requires customizing the code.

Regarding publishing,please understand that this is not a webshop related issue and you should have some basic knowledge regarding hosting accounts and folders structure.
With this said, what you need to do depends on what you actually want to do.
You can publish the main site in "public_html" and only the cart related pages inside the "cart" folder. Or, you can publish everything in "public_html" in which case there will be no need for a "cart" folder and you can use the manual instructions where instead of "cart" folder you can read "public_html" folder.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

1. No, I can't see it. It is ok in my IE9

2. You have missed the option name. It should be

Jacheta Street Chic Madette / Marime: S

3. The comma is hardcoded, you should change the code in the cart page HTML box. Find and remove it.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Well, this is obviously a browser glitch, there is nothing I can do.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Madalina Bora wrote:Thank you Naval, I fixed the signs issues.
Regarding the comments field, yes with IE9 it works ok, but please try it with Firefox Mozilla 12.0 and you will see that clients can actually resize the comments field.
It's like this with all the comments fields. In FF you can resize this fields. This is just the wy it is.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Did you publish the new "cart1" page ?
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Madalina Bora wrote:Hi Naval,
Is it possible to make the "shipping" background different than the "total value" background?
Because in admin these fields have the same colors/font.
Yes, but you would need to change the code. You can't change it through the normal Admin settings.
Regarding the confirmation e-mail sent to customers who place orders, they always end up in spam/junk folder.
Is it possible to fix this?
This has nothing to do with the script. Either your server is blacklisted, or you have some setings that are "strange", in example, using an email adress as "from" that is the same as the "admin" email address, or using a "common" (gmail, yahoo) . Try changing these settings in the DBTS Form Processor object in the "thankyou" page.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Sorry, as as said, you need to modify the code. But I can't do it for you, it requires time that I don't have.
The cart page colors are modified through the HTML box code. Find the line that corresponds to the shipping fees cell background, remove the $..... variable and place there the white #FFFFFF color you like.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

In the "auto_email.php" file in the dbts_includes folder.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Ray,

the "cart" folder contains the server files, so it might be old.

But, if you read the instructions, it is mentioned that you should open the WWB project, customize the pages and then publish them.

If you did so, you would see that the cart1 page Start of Page code is amended.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hello Navaldesign,

I am working on a site that sells cellular recharge cards.
In my country, we have 3 mobile networks, and each network has 4 recharge amounts; 1, 3,5 and 9 dollars.
So the interface will be really simple; the visitor selects the network from a dropdown menu, then he chooses the recharge amount.
Paying will be through paypal. Now here is the dilemma: after the transaction is successful, the visitor should be directed to a page where the 14 digits recharge number will appear, OR, he will recieve an email containing the 14 digits recharge number. So no physical items are sold, just like purchasing WWB software (through a download).
Is that possible to be done with WebShop Plus 3.2?
The first thing that crossed my mind is this should be done with mysql or so, I purchase the the cards containing the 14 digits, fill them (in a way) in the database, and when someone makes a purchase, one 14 digits card will be deleted from the database and this number is sent to him by email.

Thank you.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Possible, through a Database or through a file, but in all cases requires custom coding.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Navaldesign wrote:but in all cases requires custom coding.
You mean for deleating the purchased cards, right?
And by the way thanks for the quick reply :)
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

For reading the first available number and then marking it as "sold"
www.dbtechnosystems.com
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Oh ok, thanks a lot for that, I will look into this :)
etcbbu

Post by etcbbu »

This Webshop is AWESOME.

I am now reading through the Webshop_Plus_v3_Manual.pdf file.

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight for me, as I have

- downloaded Webshop Plus! .zip file onto my computer
- logged on to my root folder on FTP, and moved the entire "cart" folder from my harddrive onto my root.
- logged onto my domain, which was <mydomain.com>/cart/admin
- I've now logged in, and have filled out the "Admin Details" tab

But before I move forward with all of the set-up and customization that I need to do and everything, here are the two reasons I wanted to post what I'm doing right now:

1) - I want to make sure that it sounds like I have done everything correctly up until now.

2) - I have to make sure this Webshop solution can do this *one* thing I'm trying to do: I'm trying to see if I can make it to where the customer can set the price they want to pay, and then paypal will let them pay that price that the customer sets, each time the customer purchases a product. I just want to make sure that I can configure this webshop to do this, before I continue anymore on installing it. This is what is the whole purpose of my web-store--I just need it to sell a gift card. That's *literally* the only thing I need to sell on it. So that's literally one product. I just need users to be able to enter in the price they want for the gift-card, though, and then PayPal charge them for that amount.
https://ktravisj.com

Travis J Consulting, LLC
⚫️Website Design/Development/Maintenance
⚫️Web-Marketing/Social Media
⚫️SEO/Search Engine Optimization

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

You can do it simply removing, from the "product form" the hidden field named "price" and adding, instead, in the form, a field named "price" so the users can fill in the amount they like.

However, seems so complicated using a Webshop when you can do the same thing using a simple PayPal "Buy now" or "Pay now" button.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
etcbbu

Post by etcbbu »

But...the "Buy Now" and "Pay Now" make you chooes concrete, static price amounts, don't they..? Because I thought I looked into that--you can't really leave it open for the user to type in a specific amount and have them pay, can you?

--etcbbu

Travis J Consulting, LLC

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

You can

1. Use a Buy Now button, leaving the price blank. The user will be asked to fill in the amount, in PayPal's site. In this case add a line of text informing the users of this.

or

2. Recreate the PayPal button. The PayPal button is nothing more than a form with hidden fields. So have a look at the code, and recreate a standard WWB form.

Add the necessary action, hidden fields etc as per original PayPal button code.

Add, in this form, an editbox named "amount" and REMOVE from this form the hidden field also named amount. So the user fills in the amount and he clicks to get redirected to PayPal for the payment.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
etcbbu

Post by etcbbu »

As far the first option you mentioned: Leave the "Price" blank--THAtT'S IT!? Hahahaha, I'm so limited it's funny sometimes--why didn't I think of that..? I always make things more complicated than they are.

As far as the second option you mentioned, is the bigger advantage to that, that the user can type in on the page how much they want to donate, before having to do it form PayPal's site? Ok, so I'm looking at code, for example, for a "Donations" button I have on a site, and it's

Code: Select all

<form target="PayPal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" style="margin:0;padding:0;">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="lenhamw@aol.com">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_donations">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="receiver_email" value="[b]<e-mail address here>[/b]">
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="0">
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
<div id="PayPal1" style="position:absolute;left:537px;top:479px;width:67px;height:37px;z-index:21">
<input type="image" name="submit" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but04.gif" style="position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;" alt="Make payments with PayPal, it's fast, free, and secure!">
</div>
</form>
Now I pretty much see how I would craft all that; I think, except:

- is "form target" just the name of the form?
- does the "action = https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr " mean I would just paste https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr into the "Action" blank, in the "Form properties", form within WB?
- now all the "input type=hidden" ones are hidden fields, I also do from "Form properties" >> "Hidden fields" tab, correct?
- I know that I can ignore "div id" and "style" because those are just IDs I give it, and its position on the page, correct?
- how would I do the <input type="image" name="submit" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but04.gif" style="position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;" alt="Make payments with PayPal, it's fast, free, and secure!"> part?

Travis J Consulting, LLC

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Create a PayPal buy now button using WWB's standard tool.
Set its properties just as you want them (email, etc)
Right click it, select HTML

Copy the button code in Notepad

Now add a form in your page. Add a editbox and name it "amount"

Double click the form and set its properties as follows:

Action: what you see in the code you have in Notepad.
Target: Paypal
Encoding type: leave blank
Method= POST

Now, add in this form, the SAME (EXACTLY) hidden fields that you see in the original button code, EXEPT for the "amount"

You can add a simple Submit button, or copy one of the many PayPal Buy Now button images you can find on the net. If you choose this last option, insert in your form an "image button" that will work as "Submit" button.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Hi,

I'm afraid that I have no such script (extension) !

Probably you have used such an extension by some other forrum member. Please verify and address your questions in the proper thread.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
etcbbu

Post by etcbbu »

Navaldesign wrote:Create a PayPal buy now button using WWB's standard tool.
Set its properties just as you want them (email, etc)
Right click it, select HTML

Copy the button code in Notepad

Now add a form in your page. Add a editbox and name it "amount"

Double click the form and set its properties as follows:

Action: what you see in the code you have in Notepad.
Target: Paypal
Encoding type: leave blank
Method= POST

Now, add in this form, the SAME (EXACTLY) hidden fields that you see in the original button code, EXEPT for the "amount"

You can add a simple Submit button, or copy one of the many PayPal Buy Now button images you can find on the net. If you choose this last option, insert in your form an "image button" that will work as "Submit" button.

Navaldesign,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write that out for me, man! I think I did it right, check me out here:

http://belladonnaoftyler.com/giftcards.php

Scroll down and take a look where the user types in the value and let me know if that looks right!

AGHHH! This is so cool, man!

Travis J Consulting, LLC

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Yes, it lloks right and behaves so. Maybe you need to make the amount editbox font size a bit smaller ?
www.dbtechnosystems.com
etcbbu

Post by etcbbu »

Ok great; thanks Navaldesign.

I will now stop hijacking this topic and taking it into such a different direction :) .

--etcbbu

Travis J Consulting, LLC

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

The cart pages contain code. So you should go the other way round: use the demo project pages, adapting them (visually) to your own site theme.

Alternativelly, you can copy / paste the forms (but some elements, like the cart page buttons need to be checked, as they might loose their names when pasting) and ALSO copy / paste the code in Page HTML (in Start of Page and End of Page, also in Between <head> ...</head>) in the exact same position of your own pages.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
iamafireman

Post by iamafireman »

Has the Protected Download been added yet? If not do you plan on adding it or do you still offer it as a paid product?
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

No, have no plans for adding this feature, at least not for now.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
richardgo

Post by richardgo »

Hi Naval,

First of all I like to thank you for the good work you are doing and have done!

I only have one question, would there be any possibility that you will add the payment type iDEAL to the shopping cards? It is a very common method of payment in The Netherlands and would be great to have this included because I really want to use your tool.

Hope you can help me out?

Kind regards,

Richard
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

I'm not familiar with Ideal. From what I have heard about Ideal, there is no standard solution for implementation as it depends on the actual payment gateway.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Yes, but what would you need Webshop Plus for then ?? I mean, the whole idea is to store all data: order details, customer details, delivery details, potential custom details and files etc. and be able to review them, list them, export in Excel, print, edit as required. If you do (it is possible but with some code amendments) what you suggested, all this data will not be even provided by the customer. So you are abolishing the cart features...

To do what you want, use the standard PayPal cart instead.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

I think you could modify the Paypal cart a little have a look here:

https://github.com/jeffharrell/MiniCart#readme

https://minicart.paypal-labs.com/#tab=advanced
hlohmeyerphoto

Post by hlohmeyerphoto »

How do I change the "option, price variation" to a percentage increase instead of a fixed price? Thanks.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

hlohmeyerphoto wrote:How do I change the "option, price variation" to a percentage increase instead of a fixed price? Thanks.
I'm sorry, this would require heavily modifying the code.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
hlohmeyerphoto

Post by hlohmeyerphoto »

Thanks for the quick reply. So far this is great. Just battling with my own learning curve.
adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 »

HI
Just trying out Webshop Plus.
Have followed the instructions in the pdf & created a cart folder & uploaded the 'admin' folder into it.
Cart has 755 and admin has 755 (was 644 but that didn't work so tried changing it !)

I can access the backend admin screen, and change the password etc, but, when it tries to save the info I get "

"Cannot create file config.php ! Please check folder permissions or contact your hostin company."

Any ideas ??

Thanks
Adrian

*************Update***************
Setting permissions on config.php to 777 seems to work - but is this safe ??

I had similar issues with uploading files a few weeks back - the 755 permissions on the upload directory didn't work -
but 777 did...??

Thanks
Adrian
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

All files that could allow changing settings and details, are password protected, so yes, it is safe.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 »

Navaldesign wrote:All files that could allow changing settings and details, are password protected, so yes, it is safe.
Ah, thanks for that....

Having spent come time in 'chat' with my hosting company - it appears that it's a known issue, and it's about file ownership rather than permissions.
In my particular case (shared Apache server under linux), they recommend changing the PHP5 setup so that it runs as a CGI application, then emailing support to request that ownership of the files in that domain are changed...

Apparently, if new domains are set up with 'run PHP5 as CGI' then there's no need to request the change of ownership, as that will be set automatically.

This explains the hassle I was having with the 'upload file from a form' thing a couple of weeks ago...

I'm only recording the details in case they might help somebody else with the same problem...

Thanks
Adrian
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Pls post the actual URLs for working and non working pages.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Pls forward the project through my contact form. Unfortunately, just looking at the page code through the browser, doesn't help as the PHP code is not displayed.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

If you look better, there is a note that you can set Quantity to 0 to remove an item from the cart.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

I will consider this for the next update....
www.dbtechnosystems.com
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

Hi Naval,

Not sure if this has been asked before so I apologise if it has. Is it possible to make the thankyou page auto continue to PayPal without having to click the button but still send the emails. It seems to cause some confusion even though the page clearly states that the button needs to be clicked. I'm afraid I'm a bit rusty on coding as its been a while. It needs to auto activate the button on page load to pass the form details but this doesn't seem possible. Any pointers would be appreciated.
Tretonia

Post by Tretonia »

Hi George,
Sorry. very new to this game. OK with loading and editing the back end of program but the front-end is giving me a little problem when I load it into WWB8 with the site I want it to run on open I cannot get the graphics to come with the php files I am using "Import page from another project".
Should I be doing it another way?
Thanks
Tretonia
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Not sure what you mean. You mean the images? if yes, it is not important, you can open both projects at the same time and copy / paste images. Or, if you prefer, use your own product images.

If you mean something else, plese clarify.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Tretonia

Post by Tretonia »

Navaldesign wrote:Not sure what you mean. You mean the images? if yes, it is not important, you can open both projects at the same time and copy / paste images. Or, if you prefer, use your own product images.
I was referring more to the layout images and not the product images.
It was just that I was reading in these posts that some of the information could be lost in a copy and past and just thought that I might be doing it the wrong way. Thank you for confirming that I am doing it correctly.
Best regards
Tretonia
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

Hi Navel,

Many customers find the 'thankyou' page confusing and fail to proceed to payment and get further confused because they receive the auto email with their order details. I'm trying to make the 'thankyou' page into an order confirmation which will show the order details and then require payment as I think this would feel more natural for the customer.

I have played with set ups based on the code contained within the thankyou page and tried to add the fields as below.

But when run I get the following result

The fields for $cart[PRODUCTCODE], $cart[PRODUCTNAME] and $cart[QUANTITY] simply show as array yet the $subtotal shows correctly. I'm very rusty but presume that the first three sould be something like $productcode but this variable is not shown in the code and shows blank on the published page.

I've also tried:
'.$cart[PRODUCTCODE][$i].'
'.$cart[PRODUCTNAME][$i].'
'.$cart[QUANTITY][$i].'

but with no joy

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Actually, those are arrays (containing all the ordered products code, name and quantity)

You can use the $cart[PRODUCTCODE][$i] (etc) BUT you should include it in a loop, in example:

for ($i = 0; $i < $itemcount; $i++){
echo $cart[PRODUCTCODE][$i]." ".$cart[PRODUCTNAME][$i]."<br>";
}
echo "Total: $subtotal <br>";

I prefer to use a table, similar to the one used in the "cart" table (after removing all the unecessary code) to display a summary plus the button.
www.dbtechnosystems.com