Webshop Plus! v.3.2 for WWB8

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
Navaldesign

Webshop Plus! v.3.2 for WWB8

Post by Navaldesign » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Webshop Plus! v.3.2 has just been released.

Main features:

Webshop Plus! v.3.2 is the evolution of v.2.0 which has been downloaded by more than 1.500 users. It is a very simple but robust cart that works within WWB8 which requires no MySQL Database. Our main concern was to create a user friendly script that will provide most of the features users ask for, with a very easy to understand and use Administration interface. Here are the principal features:
Frontend:
-Products are added directly through WWB, using a form. The script comes complete with a form template that can be used for all products.
-You can have up to 8 options for each product. Options may affect the product price.
-You can assign a Tax ID per product. This is useful for those shops that sell items belonging to different tax categories.
-You can assign the item weight. This is useful to calculate shipping costs per order weight.
-You can assign shipping per item.
-You may, through the Administration interface, define the labels, currency, error messages etc without writing or modifying a single line of code. The easiest way to customize your cart in any language!
-You may use promo (discount) coupons.
-You may select the destination country (for shipping fees calculation).
-New: You may add whatever fields you like in the pages and Webshop Plus 3.0 will automatically handle them. Just add these additional fields, in the desired page / position.
-New: You may insert a “Custom Details” page with whatever fields you like, and set Webshop to display it in the desired order in the checkout process.
-New: You may use file upload fields to upload files required with the order.
-New: You may set Webshop to display added products in a small I-frame instead of displaying the Cart page each time a product is added.
-New: Webshop Plus v.3.2 now sends HTML emails using the DBTS Form processor. You now have full control on how your emails will look like, and you also can set the mailing engine among mail() function, SMTP, Sendmail, Qmail, with or without authentication.
Backend:
You can set all cart properties through the Administration interface:
-Labels: you can set all the labels that will appear in the cart pages and the mails directly through the script, no code required.
-Behavior: you can now set the cart to display the cart contents either in the Cart page or in a small Iframe. No need to do anything, just select the desired option.
-Look: you can define the look of the Cart page through a color selection form, this will set the required look for both the cart page and the emails sent to the Admin and customers.
-PayPal details: you can set your PayPal account details through this page. No need to change any code.
-Shipping areas: you can set countries you want to sell to, and categorize them (for shipping purposes) as National, International 1, International 2, International 3.
-Shipping charges: you can set shipping charges by item, by Order Total Value, by Order Total Weight. You can set your Country of Origin, minimum shipping charges, Handling, and Free shipping Order value .
-New: Administrator Login page with “Forgot Password” feature.
-New: Display cart content in I-frame setting.
-New: Select text direction Left to Right and Right to Left.
-New: Select form character set. Recommended is UTF-8 (default)
-New: Orders are stored in file and you can review, edit or delete them whenever you like!
-New: Orders file can now be exported as CVS file. You can download it on your own PC to rework with Excel.
-New: You can set the CSV separator between “;” and “,” according to your country Excel settings.
-New: you can Print both the Orders list as well as each single Order.
-New: you can set promo codes both as amount and as % and set Start and End dates.
-New: you can define fields that the script needs to process for each of the 3 checkout pages: customer, checkout, custom_details.
-New: you can set the order in which the “Custom Details” page will appear.
-New: added the recently added currencies for PayPal checkout.

Webshop Plus! 3.2 uses the DBTS Form Processor to send HTML emails.

Please make sure to install this extension before attempting to open the WWB8 project .

You can download from http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/WWB8/web ... us_3_2.zip

Please read carefully the manual you will find in the zip.

Please report all issues in this very thread.

Screenshots:
order_mail_screen.jpg
orders_screen.jpg
view_order_screen.jpg
printer_order_screen.jpg
www.dbtechnosystems.com

adex1

Re: Webshop Plus! v.3.0 RC (Release Candidate)

Post by adex1 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:15 am

Thanks friend and keep the goodwork.
Navaldesign wrote:No, not yet. Please note that this is a RC version. This means that suggestions through this forum will be implemented (in the limits of my possibilities) in the final release.
Buy Automation Shopping Cart for CMS WEBSHOP + 2.2 Using WB10!
- Use secure gateway to buy using PAYPAL website.

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:20 am

Very nice Naval. I'll have a play around with it and report back. Happy New Year. Kevin

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi Naval

The cart is a masterpiece as usual. The only thing I've notices up to now is on the cart page. When changing the shipping country although the total does change to reflect the added shipping costs the actual shipping cost isn't shown as a 'Shipping' column in the cart as in the previous version. Discounts add the extra 'Discount' column OK

I currently have it set for 0 shipping in the UK (National) and £1.99 for Int1 shipping

Hope this makes sense.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:28 am

Hi Kevin,

Thak you. I will check the shipping calculation routine as this seems to be the issue.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:19 am

Hi Kevin,

I can't reproduce this issue. Look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/WB8/webshop_plus_v3/

Seems like the shipping routine is fine.

Please send me a link to your own test cart so I can see how yours behaves. Please also send me the admin username / password to check your shipping settings.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi Naval.

That does seem strange.

Your cart auto updates when the country is changed which is a nice touch.

Thanks George
Last edited by kevinp on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi Kevin,

I'm not sure why this happens with your installation, unless there's a bug in the code in the version in the zip.

I will check it and fix it tomorrow.

The auto-update will be included in the final release.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Thanks Naval, much appreciated. The new cart looks very impressive. Nice work as usual. KP

adex1

Post by adex1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Is there a way for currency symbol to change whenever "To correctly calculate shipping charges, if different, please select your delivery country hereby." different country is selected?

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:14 pm

adex1 wrote:Is there a way for currency symbol to change whenever "To correctly calculate shipping charges, if different, please select your delivery country hereby." different country is selected?
Not sure what you mean, please clarify.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

adex1

Post by adex1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:58 pm

I mean currency symbol is static in pound (£) if customer country is selected
Navaldesign wrote:
adex1 wrote:Is there a way for currency symbol to change whenever "To correctly calculate shipping charges, if different, please select your delivery country hereby." different country is selected?
Not sure what you mean, please clarify.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Currency symbol is set in PayPal settings page. To make it automatically change with origin country would be complicated and exceeds the limits of a free cart. It woul also require to have conversion tables for all possible currencies and product prices that would be automatically updated in the product pages.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

zotekW7

Post by zotekW7 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:27 am

CAn please add new features ,whether use mysql or flatfile database.please ineed to integreat this to my databse..

thanks

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:50 am

No, I'm sorry. Webshop Plus is born as a flatfile script. Changing it to a MySQL version would mean re-writing entirely both the front end AND the entire backend.
www.dbtechnosystems.com