Discount

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
Billywiz

Discount

Post by Billywiz »

Is there a way using the existing paypal buttons in WB7 to do the following
On a page there is a choice of 10 products, these can be purchased individually at £1 so if someone chooses 4 the total would be £4
I would like to be able for the customer to pick and mix 4 products from the 10 and the price would be reduced to £3.50, is this achievable using the existing buttons and maybe a combobox or is there another solution.

Cheers
The Cheapest Car Hire, Worldwide.

Summit Car Hire
Pablo

Re: Discount

Post by Pablo »

As far as I know you cannot set this up using the PayPal buttons.
Maybe you can configure it in your PayPal account?
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

You may want to try adding this to the extra variables in the button...this discount only applies to the first item in the cart not all items...

<input type="hidden" name="discount_rate" value="10">
Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

Thanks for getting back to me, my client knows what she wants and wont settle for anything else. I am trying to convince her that the easiest option would be to just have a buy now button and when customers choose 4 items they quote a voucher number and the discount amount will be deducted when the order is processed.
If anyone has a better idea please let me know

Cheers

Summit Car Hire
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

There is no way for the "site" to ever know how many products a customer has purchased, so it is not something that you can do with the standard PAyPal Add to Cart buttons.

And I believe that neither PayPal has any such setting available.

Your only solution, in my opinion, is to use a shopping cart script that will allow, somehow, what you want.

I suggest that you have a look at viewtopic.php?f=39&t=16668

It is rather easy to add 5 - 6 lines of code so it applies a discount when more than 4 items are added in the cart.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

You will need to customize your Paypal buttons in order to achieve this...
You can read more about this here: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin?cmd=_ ... 93NG0HE0Y4
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Hi Greg,

isn't this applicable to ALL cases ? I mean, if buttons are customized like this, discount will be applied to 2nd, 3rd etc items, whilst what is desired here is that discount is applied only if the items quantity is 4 or more.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Billywiz

Post by Billywiz »

Thanks to everyone for their input. I took my laptop and showed her the replies from the "Experts" on this forum and now she says that perhaps it was not such a good idea to have discounts and has gone with my idea of a voucher. So a little tip for anyone who has got an awkward client who "KNOWS IT ALL" show them the replies from this forum, then they may believe that things aren't as simple as they think and that a lot of work is involved in creating their ideal website. Thanks again.

Cheers

Summit Car Hire