Add List of items for an order

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
Pablo

Re: Add List of items for an order

Post by Pablo »

Is this something this program is capable of, or would it be better for me to design the page in WYSIWYG and then have an iFrame or something
It's not a matter of if the software is capable of doing this but more if you are able to build it.
Advanced web applications like this requires some knowledge of scripting as there is no standard solution for this.
Of course you can still create the layout in Web Builder, but the logic behind the web application has to be programmed.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I don't think you need any additional software if you have some programming knowledge.
I'm sure a programmer will have no problem with this.
iamafireman

Post by iamafireman »

aeromon,
just a thought but you could make a login section for the clients. Make your 6 different forms on 6 different pages with the different items. Have the login direct the client to the specific page for his needs. They can fill in the quantities and the submit the form to you. The adding up of the pricing might be more difficult, or you could possible use the webshop to setup each list if you have to have the prices added up.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Using the WB login tools and the DBTS MySQL Admin and Page Protect extensions, you can :

1. Assign each of your customers a specific redirect (that will take each customer to the correct form)
2. Create 6 different forms (for the six lists you have) having the specific list item names and priced pre-filled.
3. Use, for each form, a Javascript to total up amounts ( I can provide one for you)
4. Last, submit the form.

The form can easily recognize the user's name / surname / username / email address thanks to the fact that these are set as SESSION variables when the customers login.
www.dbtechnosystems.com