Topshopper shopping cart

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

This is true. There are a lot of features and payment options and it can be quite easily configured to fit in with WB. It can also be used as a quote system which I have found useful. For most people with one site it seems the ideal solution. If you sign up for the affiliate program you can get £5 off each licence you purchase so all in all I'd say pretty good value.
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

I have also been chaecking out the ecwid remotely hosted option talked about here viewtopic.php?t=23006.

Looks promising and supports the adding of 'add to cart' buttons only with a nice interface and many features. Best of all it's free to use.

Worth a look.
Fellwanderer

Post by Fellwanderer »

kevinp wrote:It is a bit 'busy'. Main thing I can suggest is keep a copy of the manual handy, it's well written and quite handy.
For once, I'd actually done that! It is pretty good isn't it? I just found their site a bit tiring to look at for more than a few seconds.
I like topshopper and it integrates into WB better than any other cart I've tried. The only thing I can find wrong with it is the fact that if you want to use it on more than one site you have to buy a seperate license for each and at £30 a time it can soon mount up.

Maybe a multi site licence option could be made available.

Kev
That would be good - just as well I'm not likely to need more than two.

Got the hang of most of it now. Just a couple of minor things to sort out but I'll persevere a bit longer before asking!

The one thing that doesn't seem to be working is adding the first item to the basket - it always comes up as still empty and has to be added again. From then on, everything is added as it should.