Webshop Plus! v.2.0 for WWB7

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
uniformality

Post by uniformality » Sun May 10, 2009 8:10 am

Thanks Navaldesign, im on with it now

Regards

Paul

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sun May 10, 2009 8:31 am

Added PDF Manual in the zip, and also a stand alone downloadable PDF at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/wb6/Webs ... Manual.pdf
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sun May 10, 2009 8:50 am

uniformality wrote:Thanks Navaldesign, im on with it now

Regards

Paul
Since the Cart page and the customer page have been modified, i suggest that you rebuild them using the new version or something might not work.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

uniformality

Post by uniformality » Sun May 10, 2009 11:30 am

Since the Cart page and the customer page have been modified, i suggest that you rebuild them using the new version or something might not work.
Thank you for the info. I have rebuilt the pages as suggested. Everything appears to work but i do get a warning error on the cart and checkout pages

Warning: Unknown: Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

Any suggestions as to what ive got wrong?

Thanks in advance
Paul

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sun May 10, 2009 12:46 pm

Hm... Where can i see that ? If you don't want to post it here, use my contact form to send me the link to your cart
www.dbtechnosystems.com

uniformality

Post by uniformality » Sun May 10, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi Naval,

www.mywebsite.co.uk/products.php

the other pages cart, checkout etc are names as your demo

Thanks in advance
Paul
Last edited by uniformality on Sun May 10, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Sun May 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Hi Naval

I'm also getting the above warning on my test server http://simply.net46.net/intcart/ but not on my real server http://www.aivahealth.co.uk/test/. I'm guesing the PHP versions are different.

Also the 'your cart is empty' message seems not to show anymore if someone visits the cart without adding products (in the HTML box on the cart page -

Code: Select all

if ($itemcount == 0)
{
   $strHTML = "<h3>Your shopping cart is empty.</h3>";
}
else
The cart does not seem to recognise discount codes even if the purchase criteria is met. Just keeps saying 'Sorry, you are not eligible for a discount!'

Sorry, hope this helps.

Hopefully, one day I'll become a PHP master like yourself but still a way off yet.

Thanks

uniformality

Post by uniformality » Sun May 10, 2009 4:24 pm

my php version is 5.2.6 it it helps anyone

Regards
Paul

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Sun May 10, 2009 4:40 pm

PHP Version 5.2.6 on the real server (the one that works) with the message

PHP register globals
By default, PHP has register_globals switched off.
Our Windows, SSL and Linux servers have register_globals set to off.

shown on my account

and also Version 5.2.6 on the test server with
register_globals Off

Both are Linux servers if thats helpful

I also get the message when running on Quick and easy home server based on my pc (localhost) running version 5.2.2.

Cheers

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sun May 10, 2009 5:05 pm

uniformality wrote:
Thank you for the info. I have rebuilt the pages as suggested. Everything appears to work but i do get a warning error on the cart and checkout pages

Warning: Unknown: Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

Any suggestions as to what ive got wrong?

Thanks in advance
Paul

Hm... Although I don't know which part of the code causes this, you can try setting the error reporting to 0.

Go in the Start of Page of the pages that have the issue. you will see this line:

error_reporting(55);

Change it to error_reporting(0);

Save and puvblish again the pages.

Then let me know
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sun May 10, 2009 5:09 pm

kevinp wrote:PHP Version 5.2.6 on the real server (the one that works) with the message

PHP register globals
By default, PHP has register_globals switched off.
Our Windows, SSL and Linux servers have register_globals set to off.

shown on my account

and also Version 5.2.6 on the test server with
register_globals Off

Both are Linux servers if thats helpful

I also get the message when running on Quick and easy home server based on my pc (localhost) running version 5.2.2.

Cheers
Kevin, please look my last post about this warning message.

Regarding discounts and empty cart messages: it was my mistake, I've been working on this project from 3 different computers and although i pay enough attention, some updates i did on one computer were not carried over to the others, thus the issue.

Please download again and replace the code in Start of Page and in the HTML box in the Cart page.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Sun May 10, 2009 6:44 pm

I know what you mean. I also work between three different computers/portable hardrives and it can be difficult to keep track of sometimes.

I'll try setting the error reporting to 0.

Thank you for the work you've put in on sharing your shopping cart. It's a very useful addition to Web Builder and is much appreciated.

Thanks again

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Sun May 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Just tested it and it's working brilliantly.

At first I got a blank screen when adding to the cart etc but I noticed that the 'shipto_countries' file was missing from the admin folder so I added it from an earlier version I still had and it works perfectly.

Very nice indeed.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sun May 10, 2009 7:37 pm

The shipto_countries file doesn't exist. It is created the very first time the Admin opens the "Shiiping Areas" and saves his choices.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

uniformality

Post by uniformality » Sun May 10, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi Naval,

Did the modifications suggested and no errors are reported. Thanks for the assistance.
Regards

Paul