Webshop Plus! v.2.0 for WWB7

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
kevinp

Re: Modified version of the WB6 Webshop!! Webshop_plus

Post by kevinp » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi Naval

The cart is briliant as usual but I've come accross a problem that seems confined to Australian websites. For all orders shipped within Australia a Sales Tax (GST) of 10% is charged but for orders outside Australia no tax is charged. Currently the cart can't do this but is there a way to maybe add a tickbox which would cancel out the tax on Recalculate with out a major code rebuild. Seems a daft question but before I start fiddling (and probably mess it all up) I just thought I'd see if I could get a few expert pointers.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Kevinp

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:04 pm

Hi Kevin,

This is exactly the same issue as US residents: US sites apply taxes ONLY to residents of the same state where the company is.
Whay you can do:
Set the tax to be 0.

Ad these lines :

if($shiptocountry == $origin_country){
$taxes = $subtotal * 10/ 100;
}

just after

if ($tax_type == "unique") {
$taxes = $subtotal * $unique_tax_percent / 100;
}

where 10 (or whatever else) is the applicable tax percent.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Thanks for that Naval. I'll give it a try. Your a lifesaver as allways.

kevinp

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Since I can't really recall well, you might have to use

$ship_to_country

instead of $shiptocountry

Test as posted, if not working try the second.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:07 pm

It works brilliantly. Just had to remove the $ from the $10 as below:

if($shiptocountry == $origin_country){
$taxes = $subtotal * $10/ 100;
}

and it does the trick. Very handy to know for the future.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

kevinp

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:02 am

Sorry, too tired I suppose !!
www.dbtechnosystems.com

jeff11214

Post by jeff11214 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi George, I have a question for ya.

I'm having a problem getting past the "Your shopping cart" page. If I have 1 product added to the cart and I click "Check out" I get an error message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". If I have more then 1 product added to the cart and I click "Check out", then it will continue to the "Customer" page with no problem.

This part was working and I was able to get to the "Customer" page earlier, but I tried changing the "Recalculate" button label on the cart page to "Update" and saw it didn't work any longer so I changed it back to "Recalculate". Since then I can not get past the cart page with only 1 product in the cart. I have cleared my cache and republished my pages, but still no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks
Jeff
Last edited by jeff11214 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:17 am

Iìm sorry but I have no explanation on why this is happening. I should see the page code, as it appears in WB when you go to View, Page HTML
www.dbtechnosystems.com

jeff11214

Post by jeff11214 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:19 pm

I tried it on a different PC and it is working. I have no idea why this is happening... very strange.

Thanks

jeff11214

Post by jeff11214 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:45 pm

Now using Firefox browser and here are some issues I hope you can help with:

On the "Complete your order" page (checkout.php)
can the "Order Now!" button go directly to PayPal and skip the thank you page (thankyou.php)?
-If not, can I change the value/label "Order Now!" button to show "Continue".

On the "Order completed" page (thankyou.php)
it shows "Your order has been successfully placed! A confirmation email has been sent to your email address.
Please proceed to payment so we can process your Order."
-But the PayPal button form is not showing. (nothing is showing)

On the "Customer Information" page (customer.php)
It looks like the only required field is the E-mail field and I would like to make all fields required.
-Can I simply change this in the editbox properties validate tab?

When the Order is completed an e-mail is sent to the customer showing the order details.
-Can this include the Paypal link to pay for the item?

In Firefox, some things don't display properly:
on the Customer Information page (customer.php), the "Previous" button shows the word "Page" below it.

And then on the next page "Complete your order" (checkout.php) same problem with the buttons:
"Previous" button shows the word "Page" below the button and the "Cancel" button shows the word "Order!" below the button.

Thanks for your help.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:57 pm

jeff11214 wrote:Now using Firefox browser and here are some issues I hope you can help with:

On the Complete your order page (checkout.php)
can the "Order Now!" button go directly to PayPal and skip the thank you page (thankyou.php)?
-If not, can I change the value/label "Order Now!" button to show "Continue".
Not at the moment. I will upload an updated version in a few days, where normal submit buttons will be replaced by advanced buttons (and the internal php code modified) so it will be possible to change the buttons wording.
On the Order completed page (thankyou.php)
it shows "Your order has been successfully placed! A confirmation email has been sent to your email address.
Did you modify the code ?
Or
Did you remove the payment method dropdown from the previous page ? If yes, no payment method is passed to the "thankyou" page and therefore the script doesn't display the PayPal button.
You will need to use the specific PayPal only pages that come with the zip and rename them (removing the "1" from the end of the page name.
On the "Customer Information" page (customer.php)
It looks like the only required field is the E-mail field and I would like to make all fields required.
-Can I simply change this in the editbox properties validate tab?
Yes.
When the Order is completed an e-mail is sent to the customer showing the order details.
No. You would need to recreate the email code, to send HTML email with the same code as the PayPal button, otherwise the PayPal details (email address, Order ID, Amount, etc) can NOT be passed over to PayPal.
In Firefox, some things don't display properly:
on the Customer Information page (customer.php), the "Previous" button shows the word "Page" below it.
Just make the button larger in WB and publish again.
And then on the next page "Checkout" (checkout.php) same problem with the buttons:
"Previous" button shows the word "Page" below the button and the "Cancel" button shows the word "Order!" below the button.
Same as above.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

jeff11214

Post by jeff11214 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:14 pm

On the Order completed page (thankyou.php)
Did you modify the code ?
Or
Did you remove the payment method dropdown from the previous page ? If yes, no payment method is passed to the "thankyou" page and therefore the script doesn't display the PayPal button.
You will need to use the specific PayPal only pages that come with the zip and rename them (removing the "1" from the end of the page name.
On the previous page I did remove payment options which I see caused the problem. I'm now using the PayPal only pages that were included in the zip and that worked perfectly! Thank you!

Now when I click the "PayPal click here to pay" button:
-the PayPal page does not show an option to pay without a PayPal account. I don't want my customers to feel obligated to open a PayPal account.
-Am I missing something?

No. You would need to recreate the email code, to send HTML email with the same code as the PayPal button, otherwise the PayPal details (email address, Order ID, Amount, etc) can NOT be passed over to PayPal.
Is this really difficult? Would you be able to give more information on how to do this? I think others on this site would have an interest in this as well.

Thanks for your quick response!

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:26 pm

Payment through credit card without a PayPal account is an option that you set in your PayPal account, not in the cart. Set the "PayPal account Optional?" to yes.

HTML email: yes, it is rather complicated, because this is not a static mail, it is created on the fly depending on customer info and order info. The php code loops among the products to create the order details. You need to heavily modify the code.

I have created such a routine for a paying customer and it has taken me hours to create, finetune and test.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

jeff11214

Post by jeff11214 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:34 pm

Thank you for your help. It's all coming together now.

May I make a suggestion: Can you include a 2nd error page?

On the Cart page, if an incorrect discount code is entered the Error page opens and you have a link to go back to the cart page which is perfect.

On the next screen, Customer information page, if you click continue and have an incorrect or missing E-mail then you can't go directly back to the Customer Information page. You have to first go to the cart page and continue from there.

I added a link on the error page to go back to the Customer Information page which works fine, but the problem is that link will also show if on the cart page an incorrect discount code is entered. Customer should not see the new link to go to Customer Information page at that point.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:03 pm

I understand your requests, however, this is a free script and as such it is delivered AS IS.

I can not afford the time or the efforts required to make such amendments. I will take all users comments into account when / if I make an update to the script.

All the issues you are mentioning are dealt with in my Pro cart, which, however, is a commercial (paid for) script.
www.dbtechnosystems.com