Webshop Plus! v.2.0 for WWB7

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
iamafireman

Post by iamafireman » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:07 am

for some reason my cart page doesnot show up. It is totally blank. If i publish local and view it in the browser it shows up.
http://www.youonthenetyet.net/cart2/

kevinp

Post by kevinp » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:41 am

If you import the cart1.php file to your project then place an iframe in your header etc which points to this page it should work OK. It was just a rough (very rough) attempt to add this feature which I have'nt had time to refine unfortunately. I'm afraid I don't posses naval's genius when it comes to PHP but I'm learning (slowly).

Hope this helps

Kev

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:30 pm

nethawk wrote:Hi Naval, I'm about to begin with this and I can't wait to see how it works. I do have a question however.

In the instructions, it says I should "Create a folder called "webshop_plus" inside your WYSIWYG5 folder. Extract the zip content in this folder. Keep the same folder structure."

Do you mean my folder under My Documents or under Program Files?

Thanks Naval. I'll be starting this this evening, so I look forward to seeing it in action.
Under your "WYSIWYG Web Builder" folder in "Documents"
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:14 am

From what I see, your issue is that when adding a product to the cart, the cart page is blank.

The reason for this is that you have not set the Admini settings: Shipping and, especially, Shipping Areas.

Until you do so, the cart is missing the file with the shipping details, so this causes an error (no file to include) and displays a blank page.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:31 am

There are two ways to publish your cart, in the cart folder:

1. If the cart is a separate WB6 project for you, then, simply, in the WB6 project of the cart, provide, in the "Publish" dialog box, as publish location, root_folder/cart

This will automatically publish the cart files in the "cart" folder

2. OR you can open your cart WB6 project, create, in Site manager, a folder named "cart" and drag all pages in that folder.
At that point you can publish normally as you do with the rest of your pages, without changing anything in the publish location properties.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:19 am

It means that the folder has no writing permissions. Check the folder permissions, should be 755 . If it doesn't work with 755 try 777
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Is your server set to have Safe Mode ON? If yes, it allows no operations to files.

Yes, you'd better ask them.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

uniformality

Post by uniformality » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:20 am

Hello Naval
i have two questions please
Do the project pages HAVE to have .php extention or can i use html?

2 is it advisable to download the shopping cart code every so often to 'refresh' my current version?

Regards Paul

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:32 pm

The pages need to be php as they have php code embedded. If you have downloaded the Demo project, you can see in the Page properties that they are set to publish as .php.

I don't understand your second question. Unless a major update is released and you would like to use the new features, there is no reason to re-download / re-install.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

uniformality

Post by uniformality » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:09 pm

Sorry naval it should have read Product pages (not project pages). I tested it and it works fine with product pages as html.

Everthing is working ok , but is it possible when the customer clicks 'OrderNow' they are taken straight to paypal ?

Thanks in advance
Paul

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:20 pm

No, because that would require to do to actions with one click: Save the details AND post the data to PayPal. Since to do that I would need to use CURL which is not supported by all servers / hosting accounts, i prefer doing it as a two step process.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

uniformality

Post by uniformality » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:52 pm

thanks for the swift reply Naval.

Ok I understand your reason.
Is it posible to pass the customers name and address to paypal to save them re-entering the details?

Thanks in advance again

Paul

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Yes, it is possible, however you need to modify the button code adding the necessary hidden fields to prepolulate the PayPal form.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:36 pm

The PayPal button uses the standard PayPal code. And, as you have seen yourself, it works fine with all other browsers. I don't see a reason for it not working with Opera.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Re: does anyone get shopping cart orders without payment?

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Sandyfishgirl wrote:In the past few days, we have received two orders - BUT, the orders were not completed, no payment made thru PayPal.

The information in our auto-responder appears to be legit. Name, address, e-mail, item etc....

We sent e-mail to both, asking if they would like to complete their order - (make payment) or if we could be of any assistance...... NO RESPONSE.

We have used PayPal for some time on another website & have no issues with payments being made. With that particular site, before any payment is requested or made, we have had contact, via mail, phone or in person with customers - before they make payments.

On this new shopping cart, we sell women's clothing and such. I wonder if it is a particular 'industry-related' issue - - WINDOW SHOPPERS????

CURIOUS - if anyone else has experienced this??? :?

THANK YOU!
Most probably just someone testing your cart......
www.dbtechnosystems.com