Webshop Plus! v.2.0 for WWB7

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
Navaldesign

Re: Modified version of the WB Webshop!! Webshop_plus

Post by Navaldesign »

I'm sorry, what you want is something that goes beyong the Webshop Plus capabilities. If they need also Order details in the Log History, then you need a full Database driven cart with customer registration section, customer login etc. All this is possible but not with the free Webshop Plus.

You need to either use a ready made cart (OSCommerce, Zen Cart etc) or a custom made like my own Webshop Pro (paid)

Please note that these requirements are rather anusual. CC companies usually only require that IF you hold the cc details on your server, you fullfill the security standard requirements they have adopted, but they certainly do NOT ask to have the order details , or have a customer registration area. Maybe you have misunderstood something ?
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Hrankov

Post by Hrankov »

It is absolutelly possible, that I have misunderstood something. Most Banks have usulally they own interface for CC payments, we just need to implement it via iFrame in our Web Shop. But anyway I like to see how your WebShop Pro works, and need for all cases your Customized DBTS Logger, but let me first ask it he hold the Log History as a script too? It will be enaugh, I think so. How my I test your WebShop Pro (I do not have any exeriancve wit MySQL, so I preffer the PHP Version) and how may I recieve both products for wich price (via VISA pay service)? You may use my personal email to answer this qustions, if you preffer. - Email address removedPeter Hrankov
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

You have mail.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

Hi Naval

You kindly showed me how to add Country specific tax to the net cart value using the code below:
This is exactly the same issue as US residents: US sites apply taxes ONLY to residents of the same state where the company is.
Whay you can do:
Set the tax to be 0.

Ad these lines :

if($shiptocountry == $origin_country){
$taxes = $subtotal * 10/ 100;
}

just after

if ($tax_type == "unique") {
$taxes = $subtotal * $unique_tax_percent / 100;
}

where 10 (or whatever else) is the applicable tax percent.
But is it possible for it to be added to the gross value of the cart (including shipping) so that the tax for the specific country would be added to the total cart value.

I've played around with changing the $taxes = $subtotal to $taxes = $total but think I'm missing something as it failed miserably.

Cheers

Kevin
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Hi Kevin,

Out of town at the moment, I need to have a look to the code and I'll keep you posted. I'll be back tomorrow eveni ng.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

Thanks Naval. Much appreciated.

I’m not sure why but it seems common for the tax to be added to the whole cart value (including shipping). This seems to be a big alteration in the cart code from what I can see. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers
Kevin
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

Hi Naval

My client has reported a strange problem. On adding a product to the cart all is well, the product is added and the tax is added for Australian orders only with local rate shipping. When the user selects a country all this would change with the GST 10% removed and international postage removed but unless they click the recalculation button the tax and postage remain the same but they are allowed to proceed to the customer page.

Is ther e a way to require the customer to click the recalculate button if they change the country before continuing to the customer page? I tried using events to unhide the 'checkout' button until the recalculate is pressed but this simply disabled the recalculate button.

Or can the recalculate routine be added to the country selection as an onchange event.

Cheers

Kevin
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Yes, the best thing is to use a small Javascript and an "onChange" event to recalculate the tax, shipping etc and populate all fields with the correct values.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

Maybe I could call the recalculate function from ajax. I'll see what I can come up with with a visit to Google.

Cheers

kevin
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Hi Kevin,

Using Ajax you can recalculate all the cart values and then repopulate the fields as necessary. But is it really worth it for a "free", basic level cart ?
www.dbtechnosystems.com
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

Normally I'd agre, it's not really worth it for the standard cart but the problem is also present on the altered html mail cart and appears to happen with alarming regularity. People do choose their country but then click 'checkout' without using the recalculate button hence the tax and shipping are wrong resulting in somewhat of a mess. For my own site (where I've also made use of the cart) I'm in the process of going back to the mini cart option but unfortunately the client requires the html E-mail/packing slip so I'm kind of stuck with the current configeration.

Cheers

Kevin
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Hi Kevin,

I'll see if I can implement an Ajax routine to automatically update the cart on country selection or, at least, to force cart refreshing.
I'll keep you posted.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Hi Kevin,

You have a mail with the solution.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Ohh are you selling that plugin now?
kevinp

Post by kevinp »

Hi ponderosaprinting/Naval

Would it be possible to use a Combobox instead of a textbox for the quantity. You could then set the values as you wanted e.g. 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 etc. I'm sure I've used this method before, I'll look through my files and see if I can find it.

Cheers

Kevinp

UPDATE:

Yes it is possible. I found a site where I've used this method. Swap the Quantity text box on your form for a combobox with the same name. I'll try and sort out a demo.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Hi Kevin,

Yes, this is possible, BUT to change the price you need a Javascript that will change the value of the cart "price" hidden field (onchange event associated to the quantity selection).

Or, as I mentioned, an amendment to the code.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Hello,

Sorry for this question (that might be asked before, I still haven't read all the thread, and I will do soon)...
There is a big possibility to re-design a website for a client, and everything is easy for me. The client wants to implement an online shopping system (his company sells sweets to international countries through the website and not locally).
What I want to ask is:
1. The webshop plus includes paying using Visa and Master card, is the transaction processed directly? I mean, does it have to be through a bank or something?
2. In order to protect the transaction, there should be SSL certificate, right?
3. His company deals with DHL to process the shipping, how can this be done? I guess it would be something like a form sent to DHL with the order details, am I right?

The company who designed his website made the purchases through 2checkout, so I don't know if I have to do the same when using webshop plus!

Thanks.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

1. No, Webshop Plus does NOT inlude a Credit Card payent system, this is only for demonstration purposes.
2. yes, you would need an SSL Certificate plus a LOT more cecurity measures, to comply with the Credit Card Industry security Standards
3. You need to use a Ajax based script to send HTTP or XML requests to the DHL server with shipping info (that is, destination zip, weight and/or dimensions, desired shipping method (DHL has more than one) and receive back the shipping cost answer to include in the Orde amount.

Plus, you should consider that client most probably will need product and stock management directly online (not through WWB)

None of the above is included in Webshop Plus as it is intended for people that build their own shop and therefore they are able to manage products through WWB themselves.

You would need a Professional Cart for this, database driven and probably customized to a certain extend.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Navaldesign,
Thanks a lot for making things clear.
Concerning 1 and 2:
Someone can buy the product and pay using paypal as a guest (to use the credit card), so no SSL needed on the company side, right?
As i mentioned in the previous post, the company used to use 2checkout to process the order, i think it's kinda same as paypal, isn't it?
Thanks a lot.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Yes, it is similar. PayPal and 2checkout are actually payment gateways so they will accept creditcards on THEIR secure site, so no Credit Cards details are kept on your customer's website. No SSL is required, however, customers feel more comfortable giving their personal details (email address, name, address, tel number etc) on a secure (SSL) site
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Webshop v. 3.0 is now available as RC (Release candidate)

For details, viewtopic.php?f=39&t=44305
www.dbtechnosystems.com
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Thanks a lot for this new version, I will try it very soon and report back.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

Im' sorry but it requires at least WB7 to open. f you look at the very start of the thread, you will see:

We have created a modified version of the WB5 Webshop. The modified Webshop allows you to manage all aspects of your cart without need to change a single line of code, as ALL possible changes are made through an Administration Interface.[/color=#000080][color] However it requires WB7 to open.

Now we ar in WWB and the last Webshop Cversion, v.3.0, requires WB8 to open.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

But, why should you get a license for WB7 ??? It is not even abailable....
Get a WWB8 license.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

@NavelDesign

The effort you put in this webshop is amazing! I really appreciate the effort :)
As I can see, version 3 is still RC, any news about the stable release?
One last thing, I TOTALLY agree with you about CC payment method (needs SSL and other security measures), but what if a client asked for that, would it be possible? Is it hard to implement this (not you to do that, but me)?
Thanks a lot.
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

supersonictt wrote:@NavelDesign

The effort you put in this webshop is amazing! I really appreciate the effort :)
One last thing, I TOTALLY agree with you about CC payment method (needs SSL and other security measures), but what if a client asked for that, would it be possible? Is it hard to implement this (not you to do that, but me)?
Thanks a lot.

PayPal can accept payments through CC even without a PayPal account.

To accept CCs without PayPal, you would need to implement the (whatever you choose) payment gateway code. Not really hard, but requires some experience in PHP coding.

The current version IS stable, the final one (expected within 10 days) will have some more features and backend code changes. There is no reason why you can't start using it now and make the changes later.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
supersonictt

Post by supersonictt »

Navaldesign wrote:
supersonictt wrote:@NavelDesign

Thanks a lot.

PayPal can accept payments through CC even without a PayPal account.

To accept CCs without PayPal, you would need to implement the (whatever you choose) payment gateway code. Not really hard, but requires some experience in PHP coding.

The current version IS stable, the final one (expected within 10 days) will have some more features and backend code changes. There is no reason why you can't start using it now and make the changes later.
Thanks for the info :)
Yes, I know that PayPal accepts CC payments without having a PayPal account, but that client is old-fashioned guy :)
We still haven't decided about his online shop, and I was just asking about the stable release as I like to have these things as a backup before doing anything.
Thanks for your time Naval Design, I really appreciate all the work you are providing for WWB users.