Webshop Plus! v.3.2 for WWB8

This forum is dedicated to discussions about shopping carts/ecommerce.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
HORIZON

Re: Webshop Plus! v.3.2 for WWB8

Post by HORIZON » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:51 am

Thanks George. I had the feeling that might be the case, but thought I'd check first. :)

Thanks again...

WindeSpirit

Post by WindeSpirit » Tue May 09, 2017 8:19 pm

This isn't a big issue for me since I can replace the buttons effected, but I'm a bit curious to figure out what's happening and if anyone has come across it. Webshop Plus3.2 recognizing website initially with "www" in the url and after a full take down and in process of setting it back up, it no longer puts "www" in the url when it recognizes website again (on the administrator and general details page). It's the one thing it doesn't allow you to change either.

Obviously I'm not going to go and change all my links to reflect that and will just replace the cart buttons necessary. But what's up with it? Is it due to something in the Webshop script? Something else?
I did start using php5 finally, perhaps that effected it? Well, what-ever happened, like I said, it's not a big issue for me, I'm just really curious and thought I'd toss this out there.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Tue May 09, 2017 9:22 pm

Please clarify, I'm not sure I correctly understand what you mean by "recognize" the site.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

WindeSpirit

Post by WindeSpirit » Tue May 09, 2017 10:29 pm

The web shop recognizes the web site and enters the url.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Wed May 10, 2017 4:30 am

Seems very simple: when you opened the Admin area, you have typed in the browser address bar your own URL without the www. part
Solution: enter again the admin area, typing the www part in the browser address bar. You will see that the www part will also appear in the automatically "recognized" value of the field.

However, at the moment I can't remember how will this affect the functionality of the buttons ( ? )
www.dbtechnosystems.com

WindeSpirit

Post by WindeSpirit » Wed May 10, 2017 6:01 am

I bow again to the brilliant mind. Guess I got spoiled and to relaxed on my old computer, it always added the www for me. I know better now!
Looks like I'll have to do the back end over again as the easiest fix. Trying to log in with the www doesn't work, and trying to changed it after logged in kicks me out. Not a big deal in the grand scheme and a whole lot less of a headache later.

What happens, I'll let you add something and see for yourself. This page has something that can be added to the cart {edited - removed link} Add something there then on the cart page, click on "Check Out", and then click on "Previous Page". Sends to the non-www page which gives a empty shopping cart. If you use your browsers back page button, you can go back to the original shopping cart and still see your items are still there. I haven't tried, but I imagine two carts could somehow get managed by someone. I'll leave things for you for 2 days to play with if you wish.

WindeSpirit

Condition, calculation, web shop 3.2, combobox

Post by WindeSpirit » Mon May 29, 2017 9:12 pm

Trying to do a pretty simple calculation and still get the combobox 'value' to show when added to cart, but I'm stuck on getting the calculation to work. On preview I get $NaN . In the tutorial there wasn't any 'value' other then the price so I'm not sure if what I'm doing is possible (yet?).
Project file can be found at www.windespirit.com/cossetedpaws/HelpPlease.wbs

Arie van den Brink

Webshop plus 3.2

Post by Arie van den Brink » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:20 pm

I enjoy using Webshop plus 3.2 for some years now.
As a payment option, I would like to add 'pay by credit card'.
Who has experience with this and can give me tips? Which service, which script etc.
Thanks in advance.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:08 pm

Paying with a credit card directly on your website would require SSL and also strict compliance with the payment gateways criteria. This is not possible with Webshop Plus for many reasons. However, PayPal allows payment with a credit card even for customers that don't have a PayPal account, so there should be no problem.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Arie van den Brink

Post by Arie van den Brink » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Thank you, that was very helpfull.