Fix for SVG extension loading problem!

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
alexmasss

Fix for SVG extension loading problem!

Post by alexmasss »

This guide is dedicated to the users that have problems with SVG extension loading. Please notice that the problem has nothing in common with WYSIWYG or the extension itself, it is a windows operational system matter. To fix it you have to update Internet Explorer to the latest version. In my case I am running windows 8.1 64 bit with 11th version of IE. You may use the standard windows update service to install all the security updates for IE. But in some cases users may encounter difficulties with the standard mode so I will give you an alternative way which worked for me. There is a german site http://winfuture.de/UpdatePack from where you can download the offline update pack for different windows versions. Select your version, download it to your pc, run the setup, unselect all the updates and select only the ones regarding Internet Explorer. In my case they do not exceed 8 (if I remember well, however it depends on your version of windows). After you finish the installation and restart, you will be able to use the SVG extension. This worked for me so it may work for you too. Good luck.
BaconFries

Re: Fix for SVG extension loading problem!

Post by BaconFries »

Moved to the following:
WYSIWYG Web Builder Tips, Tricks, Tutorials and Code Examples
viewforum.php?f=26
Pablo

Re: Fix for SVG extension loading problem!

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for sharing your solution!