Imbedding a Device Friendly Video

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
[RZ]

Re: Imbedding a Device Friendly Video

Post by [RZ] »

@rob
a lot of people are still obsessed about seo; however, rest assured, this is something that changes constantly, what you learnt today, tomorrow is obsolete or even worse, never existed :P
as far as i been asking developers/companies, some big boys prefer to have their video clips on their servers, it is seen more "serious" for the company instead of host some of their resources on external/free hosting/services
protectourlands

Post by protectourlands »

No argument here RZ. I was just using the common figure of speech to say what we both believe. I cannot imagine all the time you and other extension developers have to spend to check that your scripts work cross browser/op systems, and all the time spent to write and test fixes when they don't. My hat is off to you.

I agree with you that it looks more professional to show videos from the site server. A good video format converter is an essential tool for posting all the required alternate formats for sure.
[RZ]

Post by [RZ] »

@protect
no discussion from my side as well, just a bit humorous side-note :)
protectourlands

Post by protectourlands »

Taken as such RZ. :)
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Hi Guys - good input - a classic case of all the "differences" on the Internet - from code stds to mobile manufacturers and everything in between.

Rob - Yes I agree - I've often made those points to me Clients - I just wish Microsoft, Google, YouTube would make it less confusing when you set up and configure a channel - including the art work. The other problem is the out of date and simply wrong "bloatformation" (the information equivalent of bloatware :? ) out there on the Internet. When someone posts a blog - or one of them really annoying videos that includes superfluous content- why oh why do they not pull it down or correct it when it becomes out of date. :? :D
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
dapson

Post by dapson »

It looks like a lot has gone down here but i will still go ahead to add mine. :D

@ColinM, i would like to know the format of your video you embedded with html5 video player that gives you an awful results on your htc. I suggest you convert your video to an mp4 format in case it isn't. And i think there shouldn't be a problem with you playing the video on your htc as far as you mentioned using Chrome browser.

Convert your video to a supported html5 video player format and give it a shot again.
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

dapson wrote:It looks like a lot has gone down here but i will still go ahead to add mine. :D

@ColinM, i would like to know the format of your video you embedded with html5 video player that gives you an awful results on your htc. I suggest you convert your video to an mp4 format in case it isn't. And i think there shouldn't be a problem with you playing the video on your htc as far as you mentioned using Chrome browser.

Convert your video to a supported html5 video player format and give it a shot again.
G'day dapson - yes, this thread engaged quite a bit of input - which is good :D

When I get a chance I'll try to replicate that horrible result and see what I can discover.

I agree there shouldn't be a problem with the HTC - I checked if there was any updates pending - and for once there wan't.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia