Hostgator Service

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
iamafireman

Hostgator Service

Post by iamafireman » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:31 pm

Anybody using the hosting service? Thinking of switching from godaddy to host gator.

[RZ]

Re: Hostgator Service

Post by [RZ] » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:47 pm

what about 1and1.com?

wacki56

Post by wacki56 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:11 am

iamafireman wrote:Anybody using the hosting service? Thinking of switching from godaddy to host gator.
Hostgator / Hostmonster is far better that godaddy in every way....smart move. I've been with Hostmonster for 12+ years now.

mnwitten

Post by mnwitten » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:49 pm

I'll second that! Been using HostGator for over 30 websites now (unlimited account) and have never had a long-term problem. Once in a great while a site/server will go down but it has never taken more than a few minutes to be put back up or re-routed. Their customer service (live chat) is great and they don't rush you off. I have worked with GoDaddy on another project and find everything slow and a bit cumbersome. So HostGator is my hosting until something better comes along. Which it hasn't in over a decade.

ddaugherty

Post by ddaugherty » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:48 am

Been using HostGator for years. Overall is a good hosting service. The cPanel is easy to use. The only drawback I've found with HostGator is Tech Support is sometime slow.

Eloy

Post by Eloy » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:56 am

hobo

Post by hobo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:09 pm

me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:43 pm

I have been with Hostgator hosting for a long time.

If you take my word, they are excellent.
Particularly I like their 24 hour Live Chat support, solves all problem without any delay]
Mind blowing uptime and connectivity

Without a second thought go for it
Click here to check my Pro WB Extensions
Click here to check my Pro WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
---------------------------------------------------------

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:21 pm

Moved to...
WYSIWYG Web Builder Tips, Tricks, Tutorials and Code Examples
viewforum.php?f=26

johnbear

Post by johnbear » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:20 pm

I have been using Namecheap for registering domains for several years, and they are SOooo much better than Godaddy! They are a real pleasure to deal with. No sleazy gimmicks, gotchas, and upsells that you will later regret, and they have very a efficient and helpful online support and chat service. They "respect their customers" much, much more than any other domain registration service I have yet seen http://www.namecheapcoupons.com/ . A good example is their discount coupon offers - it is just one page on their website offering offering decent monthly specials/deals - NO other hidden third party deals that you must spend time looking for.

I have been using iPage hosting in the past, and they are OK, but I am now transferring my hosting over to Namecheap also. The annual hosting costs are about the same (very low). They also now have all SSD servers, which should be faster and more reliable than hard drive servers. Their good, simple, and straight forward service/support philosophy, with minimum hassle, is the main reason for my switch to Namecheap hosting - plus low pricing that generally is very competitive with any other reputable hosting service.

onegerman

Post by onegerman » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:54 pm

Definetely Namecheap as a Registrar, excellent service and always good pricing.
Godaddy was a great registrar, but never a good for hosting (IMO), especially previous years with no Cpanel and WP site problems.
I have used hosting companies since 1998, and many years ago HG was a good hosting company, however, be aware, since EIG is buying up hosting companies like I am buying groceries, services in general by most of them have declined, as well as they are consolidating all the hosting servers over to their own server company.
just google it for EIG group hosting or Endurance International Group
and here: http://researchasahobby.com/full-list-e ... es-brands/
and also read the increasing problem reports.
They own now over 80 host services, and there are 1,000's of user reports with big -.
And yes, I agree too, they have dedicated people in some of their companies, but it is the overall structure what should give enough reason to think twice.
There are still plenty independent hosting companies out there.
Always check first if they OWN their servers or if they are a reseller, which can cause huge problems too.
Holger