Getting a full web page image

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
Adendum

Getting a full web page image

Post by Adendum »

As a developer I often need to take a full image of a website and my tool of choice is a Firefox add-on called Fireshot...and it is also available for Chrome and also that other so-called browser IE.

But for those who don't like or can't install add-ons I found a site that does the job for you. All you need to do is enter the full URL of the page you want to grab.
WebScreenshots.jpg
Visit Web Screenshots.
Last edited by Adendum on Thu May 30, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!
donjohnson24

Re: Getting a full web page image

Post by donjohnson24 »

Why not just press the PrtScr key (plus Alt if you have two screens) to put the screen image into the Clipboard - then paste it into a picture viewer and save it as a .jpg - or whatever.

I use Irfanview for my image manipulation - a smashing FREE program available at http://www.irfanview.com/

It does lots of things - a sort of mini Photoshop.
Patr100

Post by Patr100 »

donjohnson24 wrote:Why not just press the PrtScr key (plus Alt if you have two screens) to put the screen image into the Clipboard - then paste it into a picture viewer and save it as a .jpg - or whatever.
Because that method only captures the visible screen areas NOT the entire web page, including the non visible out of scroll view areas.
donjohnson24

Post by donjohnson24 »

Patr100 wrote:
donjohnson24 wrote:Why not just press the PrtScr key (plus Alt if you have two screens) to put the screen image into the Clipboard - then paste it into a picture viewer and save it as a .jpg - or whatever.
Because that method only captures the visible screen areas NOT the entire web page, including the non visible out of scroll view areas.

Ah! Thanks for answering my question without making me TOO embarrassed! :oops:

(But Irfanview IS very useful :wink: )
CJS

Post by CJS »

A great tool for capturing a full web page, even it is bigger than the visible window, is SNAGIT
www.techsmith.com
Try it, you'll love it. I've used it for years and it is one of the best most valuable tools I have for my web site work. It is great for snagging pieces from many different sources, manipulating and modifying them and then pasting them into your web site.
Snagit's scrolling capture is the specific feature/tool that will let you snag an image of a full web site page regardless of its size.
Hoping this info is helpful.
tgpedersen

Post by tgpedersen »

I use greenshot :)

http://getgreenshot.org/

What is Greenshot?

Greenshot is a light-weight screenshot software tool for Windows with the following key features:

Quickly create screenshots of a selected region, window or fullscreen; you can even capture complete (scrolling) web pages from Internet Explorer. Easily annotate, highlight or obfuscate parts of the screenshot. Export the screenshot in various ways: save to file, send to printer, copy to clipboard, attach to e-mail, send Office programs or upload to photo sites like Flickr or Picasa, and others.
…and a lot more options simplyfying creation of and work with screenshots every day.

Being easy to understand and configurable, Greenshot is an efficient tool for project managers, software developers, technical writers, testers and anyone else creating screenshots.
Please be welcome to comment my homepage at http://www.tgpedersen.dk its a personal online cv. The design idea was to look like facebook as I would provide from there well know design and colors, just spiced up with some extra colors :)