Finally found great PDF form to email handler

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
protectourlands

Finally found great PDF form to email handler

Post by protectourlands »

The PDF form results are sent via email in .fdf format, which populates the blank form on your drive. It is very secure and has excellent spam protection. Best part, it is only $15. Highly recommended.

http://web.alumnionline.org/scriptdesc.php?id=16
adex1

Re: Finally found great PDF form to email handler

Post by adex1 »

Sorry it is not because if somebody wrote a script for send multiple messages then your inbox will be full.

You can use open office to do it or other open source pdf.
Buy Automation Shopping Cart for CMS WEBSHOP + 2.2 Using WB10!
- Use secure gateway to buy using PAYPAL website.
protectourlands

Re: Finally found great PDF form to email handler

Post by protectourlands »

Are you talking about "mailto" on the submit button action? Any PDF program can do that. Mailto is insufficient for submitting PDF forms. If not, then what Open Office solution are you referring to?

Furthermore the Adobe solution requires an Adobe ID and the form user must use Adobe Reader to submit. I have no control over what the site visitor use to view PDF.

I'm talking about server side PHP processing that allows multiple target emails with spam protection. I've used this script on 2 websites so far with no issues at all. Before I found this solution, I was using a free service that relied on 3rd party server. This is not optimal, as it did not allow multiple target email recipients, and worse I also was not comfortable relying on someone else's server that could be shut down at any time out of my control.

If you have a good Open Office solution that is not a simple "mailto" , please do more than refer to it. Please share it.