Free serverside HTML editor clients can edit own site online

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
kmtman

Post by kmtman »

I'm really interested in this. I've checked out snippetmaster and would love to know what the link (response) was about. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.
Can you help me?

Kmtman
johncol

Free serverside HTML editor clients can edit own site online

Post by johncol »

These two quotes have opposing views about Snippetmaster. I have been trying to use the program with a website made with WB, the program works fine in administrator mode but fails to show the file selector for the page you want to edit if you login as a user.

I am now discussing the problem with Snippetmaster.com and hope to get it sorted soon. However I wonder if there might be nearly enough facilities available in WM to build a new extension to make a basic "Snippetmaster "? What I am trying to do amounts to adding a password facility to the HTML Area extension so that each user has an editable area exclusive to them.

[quote="makenote"]After spending weeks scouring thousands of over-technical CMS's that are impossible to implement I have finally found an 'easy to install' program that allows my clients to edit parts of their site that I decide they can edit. There's hardly any code to muck around with, it's free for non commercial & only $25usd for commercial applications. I can now design my sites in WWB4 & allow clients to edit some of the content themselves.

Here's the URL: http://www.snippetmaster.com

If you have install problems, the designer is a great help. Support them & enjoy! :D[/quote]

kmtman
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:46 am Post subject:
I'm really interested in this. I've checked out snippetmaster and would love to know what the link (response) was about. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.
Can you help me?

Kmtman
me.prosenjeet

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Just remember one thing...if you have the maintenance contract for the website you developed on webbuilder, do not offer this SnippetMaster as once the pages are edited by this and if for any reason the website owner wants you to edit that part....you will find it very difficult to do with webbuilder.
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
johncol

New extension to make a basic "Snippetmaster

Post by johncol »

me.prosenjeet is right about the difficulty of editing material processed by Snippetmaster. What I am really interested in is whether any of the expert coders in the WB community could make an extension, as mentioned in my post today. I am still waiting to see whether there is a solution to the problem of user login.

I am not an expert, just a campaigner who is trying to set up an information site. The site is incomplete but is on line. It has received little publicity as I have not yet attended to meta tags etc.

If anyone is interested the URL is www.hertsclimateaction.org.uk

The intention is to use a slightly different URL finally as the title is now Herts Climate Links.

Could this post also appear in requests for extensions? I am complete newbie as regards using forums!