Its running on Linux (Ubuntu).

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
bry

Re: Its running on Linux (Ubuntu).

Post by bry » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:34 pm

I decided to uninstall playonlinux and download and install the latest 4.1.8. did that and had to install Gecko something - happened fast. Did that, and I see that WB8 is crashing each time. More later.

bry

Post by bry » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:44 pm

I started over with PlayOnLinux (latest upgrade) and downloaded the latest WB8.5.1. However, I ran into a problem with POL, "The program aspnet_regiis.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close."

The only thing that seemed strange about the install is that after I installed the additional libraries that are required, a wizard for POL came up to install POL_and each of those libraries. I checked them and did that install as well.

So I guess I can go back and try it without that install and see how it goes, and then try it with that later install of libraries only if that will work. Then if that doesn't work, go back to the previous version of POL.

askwara

Post by askwara » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Try to check that:
open Playonlinux, click WysiwygWebBuilder8, than Configure, in new window choose Wine in the menu, than Configure Wine, in the Wine Configuration window choose Libraries and make SURE you have: gdiplus (native), mfc42 (native), msftedit (native), riched20 (native buildin).
For me that works.
Or perhaps (Im not sure) it has something to do with Unity environment, I would try sweech the system to gnome, just in case...
Good luck!
www.thaiyoga.biz

bry

Post by bry » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Thanks so much. I know I didn't have riched20 or msftedit. I am going to switch from unity to gnome. I'll let you know.

Thanks again!

bry

Post by bry » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:26 pm

Thanks, I switched to Gnome and like it better. But still WB crashes. It appears to be that netframe 4 isn't installing correctly. I don't know why. Here is the last of last report -

[10/21/12 16:23:18] - Running wine- WebBuilder.exe (Working directory : /home/bry/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/WB8.5.1/drive_c/Program Files/WYSIWYG Web Builder 8)
[10/21/12 16:23:31] - Running wine- WebBuilder.exe (Working directory : /home/bry/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/WB8.5.1/drive_c/Program Files/WYSIWYG Web Builder 8)
err:module:import_dll Library mscoree.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\mscorsvw.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\mscorsvw.exe" failed, status c0000135
err:service:service_send_start_message service L"clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32" failed to start
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32" failed to start: 1053
err:module:import_dll Library MFC42u.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\WYSIWYG Web Builder 8\\WebBuilder.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\WYSIWYG Web Builder 8\\WebBuilder.exe" failed, status c0000135

bry

Post by bry » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:15 pm

I am giving up for today. I bought quick and easy and installed it on one of my ubuntu laptops. ONLY $20!!! What a deal! You can't beat that! Installed without a hitch.

askwara

Post by askwara » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:07 pm

ef wrote:I have installed both WB7 and WB8 on Ubuntu 12.04 x64 with Wine following the guide from "rskog" (thank you!).
Both applications start up without problems except from Text field's hight. No matter what value you enter remains or returns to "1". You can edit the text if you manage to locate it and double click it but you cannot see it after you click away your mouse... I made a small video showing the problem if that helps, see here http://youtu.be/TPUgvZkTplQ
Could it be possible it has something to do with graphic cards? Seems NVIDIA cards computers have this sort of problem on Linux:
my old HP laptop has:
Graphics - VGA compatible controller/Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 03)
Processor - Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor 1.40GHz
and only 1 GB RAM
it works perfectly with WWB/Wine without text size problem. (bit slow, but works!)
It has Ubuntu Lucid installed.
On the other hand, new PC with:
2 AMD II X2 250 Processor 3 GHz
Graphics - NVIDIA Corp. Device OdeO (rev a1) (prog if 00)
and - the same problem you have!
I tested Ubuntu Natty and Linux Mint 13 MATEon it - same poor result!

Could it be that Intel works and Nvidia doesnt?
Alex
www.thaiyoga.biz

adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:41 pm

HI
Responding to an old thread here - but wondered if there was any update ?
I have WB9 running under Wine in a Zorin (ubuntu) environment - but have exactly the same problem that was reported above - where text boxes are only 1 pixel high - which kind of makes the program unusable.

I'd love to get away from a Windows system, and WB8 / 9 is all that's tying me to Microsoft at the moment...
I'm confident that everything else I want to be doing is already supported under Linux.

Any ideas, please ??

Thanks
Adrian

mikhailnov

Post by mikhailnov » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:05 pm

I just want to confirm that the method desribed above works perfectly for WWB 10 and 11, but WWB 11 under Wine has less bugs than WWB 10, it's work is very good.

mikhailnov

Post by mikhailnov » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:32 pm

Now the "text" tab in "Shape" objects works correctly in wine 2.4, it did not in older versions of Wine or may be WWB, checked both WWB 11 and 12

mikhailnov

Post by mikhailnov » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:33 pm

And you also have to install comctl32 into the prefix to make popping outs work correctly

adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:52 pm

HI Mikhail
Thanks for that info.
In the end, I gave up on the Linux and upgraded everything here to Windows 10....
...although I am running a flavour of Linux on several Raspberry Pi's - though they are for automation use rather than web design.

Thanks again
Adrian

mikhailnov

Post by mikhailnov » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:05 pm

It would be great if Pablo made a Wine FAQ and we helped him

adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:11 pm

I think you probably need to post that in the 'Suggestions' section of the forum if you want Pablo to see it.

I didn't know enough about Linux to understand what I needed to know to get WYSIWYG running - as I say - I eventually decided that it was simpler to replace the Windows XP machines here with second-user Win 10 ones - and climb that learning curve, rather than dump Windows altogether and go the Linux route...

Weak of me, I know! <grin>

Adrian