Dynamic Web Page Lengths

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
kees

Post by kees » Mon May 26, 2008 10:17 pm

Fabry67 wrote:... what's wrong with using a GetElementByID ?
If we can avoid 'GetElementById' (or other references to object names or id's) we have a generic script, that works on any Iframe. Otherwise the script has to be adjusted to each specific Iframe. Agree?

That's why I replaced 'IframeName.document.body.scrollHeight' with 'this.contentWindow.document.body.scrollHeight'.
Fabry67 wrote:Anyway, the only annoying thing with this solution is the "flicker" effect.
Yes, but I'm happy with this trick anyway.
Fabry67 wrote:I also have the doubt that on slow connections or on much more complex pages, a fixed delay (150ms) wouldn't be enough.
The 150ms was found by experiment. Do you suggest a higher value?

kees

Post by kees » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:55 pm

A few days ago there were new updates of FireFox (3.0) and Opera (9.50).

I tested the original example from rockman's message ( viewtopic.php?p=16739#16739 ) with these latest versions and found that it works fine.

That means that my 'fix' ( viewtopic.php?p=43231#43231 ) has become redundant.

Can anyone confirm that rockman's example is working on all mayor browsers (FF6/7, FF3, Opera9.50, ???).

Thank you.

kees

Post by kees » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:42 am

dangermouse wrote:Is it possible for this concept to work with php and can i instead of calling an inline frame call a html box with some php code in it will that work ?
This concept is based on an Iframe and only works with an Iframe.

PHP is not involved in this concept, but can be added (as in any page).

star57

Nice

Post by star57 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:21 pm

Finally had time to try this, and the first instructions was to the point and very easy to follow. Works great... Thanks for the example...

Patr100

Post by Patr100 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:21 pm

Ok I haven't tried any of the above yet, and I suspect this is a non starter - We all know WB5 is a fixed design html builder but is there any way of using a similar principle and adding some manual code tweaks etc to make a page made for say 800 pixels wide , stretch a little more HORIZONTALLY to fill a widescreen so there at least isn't such an obvious gap either side of a centred in browser page?

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:20 pm

If you mean if there is a way of automatically increasing the page width to cover the entire screen width, whatever the sceen size/resolution is, the answer is no. But you can make a WB page wider, and set it to whatever width you like, not only 800.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Patr100

Post by Patr100 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:00 pm

Navaldesign wrote:If you mean if there is a way of automatically increasing the page width to cover the entire screen width, whatever the sceen size/resolution is, the answer is no. But you can make a WB page wider, and set it to whatever width you like, not only 800.
Yes but that would cause scrolling on a smaller screen res of course. Guess there no way of avoiding a compromise with fixed positioning & WB5.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:06 pm

Did you place the footer page content on the very top? If you have placed it low (where you expect it to appear) and on the same time the masterpage object is placed at the bottom of your page, the white space is doubled.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Eddy

Post by Eddy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:49 pm

this part is in one page in layer2 and in the other page in layer3 if I see it right. :? maybe you check this.

Code: Select all

<iframe name="Content" id="InlineFrame1" style="position:absolute;left:207px;top:151px;width:548px;height:120px;z-index:11;" src="http://www.menkom.com/dump/test6/home.php" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" onLoad="this.style.height=0;this.style.height=this.contentWindow.document.body.scrollHeight;Layer2.style.height=parseInt(this.style.height) + (parseInt
(this.style.top) - parseInt(Layer2.style.top)) * 2;Layer3.style.top= parseInt(Layer2.style.top) + parseInt(Layer2.style.height)">Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.</iframe>

Eddy

Post by Eddy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:00 am

How do i point the iframe to an exteral site ?

This question was the problem you asked ,to link to an externel site and I was also searching how todo this,you found not a solution to this problem you stil link internal because its on your server and that was never a problem.

Maybe somebody els nows how to open an external site in the dynamic iframe?

kees

Post by kees » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:10 am

dangermouse wrote:You cannot link your iframe to WWW.GOOGLE.COM or WWW.MICROSOFT.COM because the rest of your website is not hosted on the microsoft.com servers.
I didn't follow the recent discussion between Eddy and dangermouse, so maybe this is an irrelevant comment.

Links to external pages must have the http:// prefix.
So http://www.google.com will work, www.google.com doesn't work.

haakoo

Post by haakoo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:59 am

Hi,

Something like this?Take look at page 4;
http://www.splitmedia.nl/loadingdock/dynamicpages/

Hans

Eddy

Post by Eddy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:43 pm

haakoo wrote:Hi,

Something like this?Take look at page 4;
http://www.splitmedia.nl/loadingdock/dynamicpages/

Hans
U did put on page 4 an iframe and link external to the forum,this works also but you have not the dynamic vieuw in the indexpage ,If we can link external without an extra iframe so that the indexpage expands to the site lenght.
For me is the trick with the extra iframe a good solution. :wink:

haakoo

Post by haakoo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:13 pm

Hi Eddy,

Depends on how the size of your IFrame is,
Then you can load anything.
The only downside,you cannot control the width or height of the site that loads into the IFrame
Nor can you control,if the developer of the site used a break-out-of-frame script.
But the extra IFrame is a good swift solution

Hans

Eddy

Post by Eddy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:27 am

You have to rebuild your menu to open all your pages in the iframe on your index page.
Look with the site manager to the structure from the files.
And look to where the buttons link in the example.
Pleasy read this topic,almost all questions are asked.