Protect Images....not 100%

Do you want to share WYSIWYG Web Builder tips, tricks, tutorials or useful HTML code? You can post it here...
(no questions or problems please, this section is not monitored by support).
Forum rules
This section is to share tips, tricks and tutorials related to WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please do not post questions or problems here. They will not be answered.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901
me.prosenjeet

Protect Images....not 100%

Post by me.prosenjeet »

Well, this thought just came to my mind...to protect images, which had been always asked on this forum. Though, there is no 100% solution for it still many things have been suggested earlier like:
1) Disable right click (Which will disable copy of image)
2) Cutting the image into several parts(discouraging as the user needs to join them all to use)
3) Watermarking
4) Covering it with transparent object (if right clicked and copied, it will copy the transparent image)
and many more....
Though none of these are perfect and an image when displayed on the browser will be available for download if the visitor has little knowledge.

Here is one more approach that may be used to achieve the same which I think has not been discussed yet.
Look at the page below and try to copy the image normally

http://dt.lucknowwebs.com/5/imagehide.html

SORRY, I MISSED WRITING THE PROCESS.....

IT HAS BEEN DONE BY SIMPLY USING THE ROLL OVER EXTENSION. MAKE A WATERMARKED COPY OF THE MAIN IMAGE AND USE IT AS ALTERNATE IMAGE.

Once again I must say, this, as all mentioned earlier, isnt 100% perfect, it is only to make it difficult for the normal user to copy the images
Last edited by me.prosenjeet on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check the new Chat GPT and Malware detect extensions at the link below

Check my WB Extensions
Check my WB Templates
---------------------------------------------------------
www.Lucknowwebs.com
docdoc

Re: Protect Images....not 100%

Post by docdoc »

...or have picture as background of table or <div> with css ... or just place an empty table over the picture... but a 100% solution might not exist...