reCAPTCHA V3 - Trial Results So Far

Issues related to forms.
ColinM

Re: reCAPTCHA V3 - Trial Results So Far

Post by ColinM »

basstuuk wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:13 am as long as there is a revenue model for spammers, it will not stop. :( :(
And there are still thousands of spammers who are filling out forms manually :x :x
Apparently nothing else to do :evil: :evil:
All very true basstuuk.

Hi ALWAYSLEARNING,
As I said I would, I contacted Pablo and here's his response. No doubt one of the many things to look forward to with 16! 8)
Hi Colin,

I sorry, there is no validation option for reCAPTCHA.
However, the next version (16) will have built-in reCAPTCHA support with more options.

Best regards,
Pablo
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
ALWAYSLEARNING

Post by ALWAYSLEARNING »

Hi Basstuuk,
Agree, I don't see any resolution a this point, but one can only hope that better tools will be available in the future to minimize this problem.

Hi ColinM,
Thank you for checking with Pablo! I am glad to hear that there will a setting that would make the plugin easier to use. We can simply be patient until version 16 is released.
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Hi ALWAYSLEARNING,

You're very welcome. :D
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Magical

Post by Magical »

I don't know if this helps but I removed the captcha and recaptcha from all my sites. Instead I added a field like 'city ' which is blank and hid it behind a button. If the spammers are using a script they invariably fill the field with some city name. In my php i simply look for city to be blank and and send the email to a spam folder. You should not create it as a hidden field, but create an actual field and hide in the rendering, also turn off the auto fill for it. Some scripts are able to weed out 'hidden' fields on the form.

Secondly, ask your customer to add privacy to the Domain record. I find a lot of the spammers get their data from the public domain records using a whois - captcha appears to be easy to bypass. This has reduced the spam we were getting significantly.

Third - add the check for URLs (now its part of wysiwygwebbuilder). I do not allow URLs in the message or in any field. I have not used the MX record check, but I believe that should help cut down the noise.

Keep building awesome sites using wysiwygwebbuilder!
ColinM

Post by ColinM »

Hi Magical,
Thank you very much for your input and the time you devoted to that. 8)
Interesting idea on the form.
I certainly agree with the public domain record.
That's why my contact details go in both the Registrant and Technical Support details.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia