ABVFP A Powerfull Form Processor for WYSIWYG WB users!

Issues related to forms.
Navaldesign

ABVFP A Powerfull Form Processor for WYSIWYG WB users!

Post by Navaldesign » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:40 pm

Please note that ABVFP is an online form processor. Its entire interface is online. However, you now can use also the DBTechnosystems Form Processor Extension for WWB. This extension has all the features of ABVFP exept for the validation system, and has new, additional features that ABVFP didn't have when created. To see the DBTechnosystems Form Processor Exrtension features and compare the two, please visit http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... hp?t=20732

ABVFP, a powerfull yet very friendly Form processor, is now available for free to all WYSIWYG WB forum users. Please Download it from this location

Here are the main features of this version:
- Required fields checking.
- Validation of the fields (email, numeric field, field length, allowing or not for http:// , www. and @ symbol to be included)
- Highjack headers detection: the script will refuse to process the form.
- Multiple file upload, with max size specified by the user.
- Attachments: you will receive the uploaded files directly on your desktop with the email that you will receive.
- Multiple owner email addresses: the script will send multiple emails, to the specified owner email addresses. The first one, will be used as the "reply to" address for the autoresponder message.
- Option to have your email address included or not in the autoresponder message. If not, a " no_reply@yourdomain.com " address will appear.
- Multiple choice field processing.
- Customizable mail subject.
- Customizable multiline email header and footer. Autoresponder with customizable header, footer, subject and "From:" field.
- Built in security measures against automatic bot submission and / or mass spam submission using your script.
- Single "action" file for all your forms. It will process ALL your forms.
- User friendly interface that will allow you to setup the processing script by just typing in your site info. No hand coding required.
- Username and password feature for the script administration page: no one else but you will ever be able to login.
- FULL error reporting page: it will notify the visitor of all the errors encountered in filling in the form (if fields are validated).
- Thankyou page to let the visitor know that his submission has been successfull and allow him to go on surfing your site.
- User defined URLs for the Errorpage and the thankyou page
- User defined folder for the uploaded files (inside the same folder where ABVFP is installed)
- You can save your project in the database. If you need to change the settings for a form, you can do it just editing what needs to be edited. You don't need to type everything from scratch.
- Form setting templates: you can use any form settings as a start for setting up a new form.
- Database storing of the form submitted info: the script will AUTO CREATE the necessary database table, and store the info in it.
- Installation wizard, that makes software installation as simple as possible. Create a database and a database user, upload the files, provide your details, and the script will be automatically installed.
- Popup Help windows to guide you through the installation and the setting up of the forms.
- Support for multiple forms per page. Each form is assigned a unique Form ID nr.
- NEW! Captcha validation (Yes! that small number and character image that you have to read and type before you can proceed ...!)

Please note that ABVFP.v2.1 will process ANY form that uses the POST method, not only the ones built with WYSIWYG WB. It will process forms built in Frontpage, Dreamweaver, or any other site builder or html editor, as well as hand coded html and php forms, as long as they use the POST method. Furthermore, if you have more than one domains in your account, ABVFP will process ALL your forms, in ALL your domains, and will redirect correctly the visitor back to a thankyou page, that can be separately customized for EVERY form/domain. Error pages can also be independently customized for each form/domain. Just include the correct path to the pages, and ABVFP will take care of the rest.

ABVFP.v21 consists in a collection of html and php files that you simply upload on a dedicated folder on your site. As such, it will run on ANY site that is conform to the minimum requirements which are PHP (4.0 or higher) and MySQL (4.1.21 or higher) support.

Extras: Word file with the tutorial, for offline work. Full instructions on how to upload the software on your site, how to install and use it, how to customize or create your own Thankyou page and Error page. A sample contact form with all the most required features is included, as well as a Thank you page and a Error page.

Download the new ABVFP now and have fun!

Important Note!

ABVFP is a powerfull form processor. However, it will NOT work properly, if your form has not been correctly built and setup. So, if you are a WB5 user, it is assumed that you have experience in form building. If you don't, please visit http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forms.html
Last edited by Navaldesign on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

mrainey

Post by mrainey » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:42 pm

Thanks very much, I'll have a look.

RobertZyski

Post by RobertZyski » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:02 pm

Ok, I'm stuck at the first instruction. I do not have the folder they are talking about. Am I supposed to create the public_html folder?

4. Create a folder inside your public_html folder. Name it ABVFP.

Thank you for your assistance, I may need alot of it.
RZ

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:24 pm

Most servers have a root folder (where your files are stored). In most cases it is called "public_html", in some others it is called "www" or "root" or "http_docs".
The name is not important, create the ABVFP foolder in whatever is your root folder
www.dbtechnosystems.com

RobertZyski

Post by RobertZyski » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:04 pm

Ok, I'm past that. Now I am to the Form Processor Installation and I have entered all the required info and it gives me the following error..

Could not connect to the Database Server. Please check user details !

I have gone back and tried every which way I can think of and it still gives the same error.
RZ

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:11 pm

I'm afraid that i can be of little help with this one. Possible errors:
wrong username or password details
wrong host (some servers require "localhost" others "mysqlserver.domainname.com" other "mysqlserver??.hoster.com"
and so on. You need to consult your hoster.

Also, make sure thatyou have allowed the user that you created, ALL permisions for the database.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

RobertZyski

Post by RobertZyski » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:18 pm

I am using godaddy. How do I grant them access or permission? I do not see that anywhere?
RZ

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:29 pm

Go in your Control Panel, create the database, create the user and password, and grant this user ALL permissions. These are preliminary steps to do before ABVFP installation, as per tutorial.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:38 pm

At the moment they are in a different order (the order you created the fields). By doing the above "trick" inm he order you want them, you are setting the z index(and consequently their order) to be the desired one.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

RonHills

Will ABVFP be incorporated into the WB6 release?

Post by RonHills » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:20 pm

Are there any plans to incorporate the ABVFP form processor into the next WB release? It would be nice to have the ability to store data in a MySQL database, and have capcha built into the VERY convenient form wizard.

Thanks for a GREAT web design program (WB5) and form processor (ABVFP) !

Ron Hills
Johnson City, NY USA

(Any sneak peaks of WB6 available yet?)

RonHills

Can I use FORM WIZARD and ABVFP in the same web site?

Post by RonHills » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:29 pm

I am about to add a new form to one of my sites (www.panelsert.com) and I need to know if using ABVFP for the new form will interfere with the processing of the existing form that was created with FORM WIZARD?

Thank you,
Ron Hills
Johnson City, NY USA

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:39 pm

I don't think that ABVFP could be embedded in WB5 as it requires Database creation and script installation. Further more the new ABVFP v3 (coming soon...) will have additional features that require, anyway, a separate Admin / control panel, which would be too heavy to implement / upload through WB5.
New features are:

Form code caption (it gets the code from your page) and analisis. The script analyzes the form fields, and allows a per field validation / options setting, thus allowing, in example, Radio buttons and Checkboxes validations evan if the browser doesn't support Javascript.
Lots of validations (equal fields, password strength, Credit Card validation, USA zip code, tel number, user defined min and max field field length, required fields, and more)
User includes: add your own snippets of code in three different areas of the processing procedure (perform calculations! , cUrl submit to further scripts, send intermediate emails, whatever you might think of, using php)
Ban - unban IP addresses
Use as only DB input
Customized emails with Data merging!
Preview page (automatically created or custom made)
Export in xml, csv, excel, txt and Word formats
Automatic Database interface creation (so you are able to view the data submited directly from the database)
PHP mailer engine for the mails (maximum deliverability, send through the mail() function with or without SMTP authentication, HTML emails, mail directly through Sendmail for those cases where the mail() function is not supported)
and some more. However, since this is a huge project, testing the entire project is somewhat time consuming, so it won't be avalable to he public before February.

ABVFP does not interfere with any form processed / created with WB5's Form Wizard unless you purposely set the action of the form NOT to be the built in Form Processor but ABVFP.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:40 pm

version 3.0 is still in beta, due to too much work.

It is relatively easy to have the values submitted passed to the thank you page. The relevant change is rather easy using the GET method.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:36 pm

The ONLY reason for this message is that the URL of the form is different from what has been typed in the ABVFP control panel.

Sometimes the difference is simply having (or NOT having) the http:// or the www.

In your case, further more, the form is in one domain, and the ABVFP in another....

First check the URLs and we will take it from there.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Sandyfishgirl

404 return on thank you & error page - caused by re-dire

Post by Sandyfishgirl » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Hello :)

My form works GREAT with this processor! I even have a custom logo :)

My PROBLEM is - when the form is submitted, a 404 is returned instead of my success page. I am guessing the error is doing the same?

I checked the page URL in the processor & my server files - they are the same:
http://wwwDOTlellaslingerie.com/req_form_thanks_.php - server copy
http://wwwDOTlellaslingerie.com/req_form_thanks_.php - process copy

I can't even think right now - why I had to do it, Navaldesign, may remember - I did a re-direct for this website. I am SURE this 404 is because of my re-direct - as the URL on the rest of the site contain "cart".

Example of URL on other pages in site:

http://lellaslingerieDOTcom/cart/about.php
http://lellaslingerieDOTcom/cart/swim.php

SO - my question is - HOW do I get the URL of these pages "thanks" and "sorry" to contain "cart".

I have not had to manually change the URL of any other pages, so I am puzzled??
I will continue to look for solutions......
THANK YOU!!!