Login session expiry

Issues related to forms.
ruel.lago22

Login session expiry

Post by ruel.lago22 »

Hi Pablo,

I have a few questions in mind because I have been receiving feedback about my website. I would appreciate if you can take a look as I enumerate them below.

(1) My customers are complaining about their login session that keeps from expiring even they tick the "remember me" checkbox. They said that it's very hassling to keep entering their login credentials every time they visit my website to book my services. Is there a way to prolong the session expiry like all other websites? Or at least set it to non-expiry if possible?

(2) In Login object properties >> Session Timeout>> Is this in seconds?

(3) I noticed that the Session Timeout can be set to "-1" value. What does that mean?

(4) What is the MAX value I can input to at least prolong the Session Timeout?

Disclaimer: I understand that the cookies are handled differently depending on the browser my customers use. But why did Facebook and any other website like this forum were able to do this? Prolonged Login session Timeout/expiry. I hope you can help me with this. Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Ruel
Last edited by ruel.lago22 on Sat May 18, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pablo

Re: Login session expiry

Post by Pablo »

1. There are no known issues with the expire time. Maybe they have blocked cookies for your website?
The expire time of the cookie is set to 30 days.

2. The session timeout is in seconds.

3. The session time should be a positive value.

4. The maximum value is: 99999

If you need different behavior then you can modify the script yourself.
ruel.lago22

Post by ruel.lago22 »

Follow up questions:

(1) Session Timeout is useful if the "remember me" checkbox is not enabled, correct? This will give at least 1 day before the session expires?

(2) If "remember me" checkbox is enabled and "checked" this will allow 30 days before cookies expire, correct?

(3) What I want to achieve is prolonged session expiry, if possible 30 days without the "remember me" checkbox. If I enabled the "remember me" checkbox and set the initial state to "checked" and hide it. Will, that work?

Thank you so much for your prompt response :)

Regards,
Ruel
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

1. The time out determines when the user is automatically logged of. It is not directly related ti 'remember me'

2. It means the browser will remember the login for max 30 days.

3. I'm sorry, there is no standard option for this. You will need to convert the login form to a standard form and modify the script yourself.