Need a Spam-free form solution

Issues related to forms.
stevo

Need a Spam-free form solution

Post by stevo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:18 pm

Can anyone tell me if you have had any spam issues WWB's form? I get lots of spam using Co***eC*p forms with reCAPTCHA. WWB is by far superior to any website tool I have used. Currently, only contact information is needed. I noticed ABVFP advanced form extension. I may create more advanced forms in the future. Any advise or experience in this regard using WWB forms or ABVFP extension would be very helpful. Thank you very much.

BaconFries

Re: Need a Spam-free form solution

Post by BaconFries » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:29 pm

There is no 100% way to stop spam. Using reCAPTCHA2 or the 'New' invisable reCAPTCHA will help with bots, but if the spammer is human, then it is not possible to stop them sitting all day manually filling in the form to there heart desire or till they are content to spamming you or whoever they chose.
Can anyone tell me if you have had any spam issues WWB's form
Note this is not related to WWB, but it applies to all types of forms and not the software used to generate the form.

MGD4me

Post by MGD4me » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:11 pm

I too, receive the occasional "unsolicited" post to my Contact Us form. It is totally unavoidable.

Someone with nothing else better to do has found your site, and browsed some of the pages and found your form. By NOT putting a form on the main index page might prove less tempting, but is no guarantee. If you are receiving random spam, likely it is human caused.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:28 pm

In WWB14 you can also enable 'Server side validation'. But of course this will also not stop human spammers.

stevo

Post by stevo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:16 pm

Thank you everyone for the information. I will convert my forms to WWB and use the server side validation.

bouncdchk

Post by bouncdchk » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:18 am

Is there something special we have to do for server side validation? I know about clicking the box that says server side validation but is there anything else?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:52 am

The server sided validation uses the same settings as client/browser sided validation.
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/validation.html