iPad and layout grid as a form

Issues related to forms.
LJLachance

iPad and layout grid as a form

Post by LJLachance » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:10 am

Currently 2 issues only with iPad and forms:

1) I have a layout grid in which form has been enabled. All works fine on a desktop using Chrome, Explorer and Edge BUT, when it comes to iPad, while the layout grid appears with it's images, the form itself does not appear. Any ideas? www.lachance.org/feedback.php

2) On another page, I have a form the pops up in a lightbox. Again, all works fine on a desktop (as above) BUT, when it comes to iPad, there are two (shapes/button/link) which do not appear and therefore, the form is not available. Any ideas. www.lachance.org/refer.php

In both situations, iPad is the only place I can find that a problem exists. In both cases I'm using Chrome as the browser, I have not tried using Safari.

Pablo

Re: iPad and layout grid as a form

Post by Pablo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:21 am

To be able to help you I need to your project file.

LJLachance

Post by LJLachance » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:53 pm

Now available at 206.214.218.15/pablo/LACHANCE_2018_ORG.wbs

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:37 pm

In the breakpoints the grid columns are hidden.

- open page 'Feedback'
- open the properties for 'FeedBack_Form'
- set 'overflow' to 'none'

do the same for 'LayoutGrid4' and all other layout grids with the same behavior.

LJLachance

Post by LJLachance » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:15 pm

I don't know if it makes a difference or no but the "feedback form" is actually layout grid 4 which I think you saw. (or at least that is the grid that is enabled as a form).

I went to the breakpoints and saw that the form did not show but it did in the default view. I changed the properties of (the two grids in question) setting the overflow to none, went to check a breakpoint and the form still was not visible. Then when I went back to the default view, the form had disappeared (I mean from view) all of the components were still there. I attempted to change it back with no luck and I attempted changing all of the layout grid properties to none, no luck and back again, - now I am unable to see the form in any view even though it is there. I'm stuck...

How badly did I mess this up? Thanks

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:58 pm

You will need to set overflow to 'none' in the default view before switching to the breakpoint.

LJLachance

Post by LJLachance » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:24 pm

I can no longer even see the form in WB and in the "Properties" when click on Layout Grid 4, it won't change to display what I've clicked on. I've uploaded the project - original renamed ...1st and what I currently have is the same name as before. I believe I have broken something but I don't know what. I've been trying to get the form visible for the past 2 hours with no luck

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:36 pm

Please take the project you have previously shared or use a backup.
You must change the overflow property in the default view otherwise the (wrong) layout of the breakpoint will overwrite the default view.

LJLachance

Post by LJLachance » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:57 pm

I can only dream of being as proficient as you are with this. Thank you, that worked (original file) and (change in default view).