Form Text Not Displaying on iPhone

Issues related to forms.
wysiDan

Form Text Not Displaying on iPhone

Post by wysiDan » Mon May 21, 2018 3:19 pm

I have created a dynamic website page with a form on it. The page resizes properly to 4 sizes, Default, 980px, 768px, and 320px. On the three larger sizes I am viewing in Chrome and the form fields have the Placeholder Data and, when entered, have the entered data displayed properly (visible). Yet, when I view the page on my iPhone displaying the 320px on Safari, I cannot view either any Placeholder Data or entered data in the field boxes. I can enter the data "blind" you might say and then submit the form and the info is sent properly via PHP to my email address. I have tried using Arial 10 pt and Arial 12 pt but neither size displays. Why doesn't the screen display the Default Data or the entered data on the screen? :?

Pablo

Re: Form Text Not Displaying on iPhone

Post by Pablo » Mon May 21, 2018 3:43 pm

What is the URL of the page, so I can see what you have done?
And where exactly on the page do I need to look to see the problem?

wysiDan

Post by wysiDan » Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 pm

You can find it at http://www.nabancard.info, a landing page for an interest form submission. While using Chrome browser and narrowing the view to the 320 px I can clearly see the placeholder text, however, viewing it on Safari with an iPhone 5 I see no placeholder text. I added Labels above the Editboxes as a workaround but wish that I didn't have to do this.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed May 23, 2018 1:07 pm

There is a scrollbar at the bottom of the page. This indicates that there are objects outside the viewport.

For example:
Image4 is at position 1161, 1831
Shape1 is at position: 1354, 115

If you (re)move these objects then the layout will fit inside the viewport.

See also 'There is a large is empty space at the bottom (or right side) of my page':
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=63817

wysiDan

Post by wysiDan » Wed May 23, 2018 1:53 pm

Per your comments, I have proceeded to delete the Shape1 is at position: 1354, 115 and on the Object Manager, un-checked the Image4 is at position 1161, 1831 for the 320px. I also removed the white space at the bottom of each view. I saved and uploaded this to the server but none of this changed being able to see the placeholder text inside the editboxes while viewing the page in 320px on my iphone 5. Any other ideas?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed May 23, 2018 2:35 pm

Maybe your iPhone still displays the old version of the page from cache?

I can see the form on my iPhone 7

wysiDan

Post by wysiDan » Thu May 24, 2018 12:32 pm

Interesting that you can see the placeholder text and the entered information text on your iPhone 7 and no, I am not looking at a cached version since I put a build number at the very bottom (very last words) just to make sure that it was not a cache version. I will increment this with each time before upload to make sure that the page is the latest changes.

On my iPhone5 I do not see anything that I type in except on the first character there is an "_" character substituted. Neither do I see the placeholder text. The text font is Ariel size 11. Now about the iPhone5, I can go to another website with a form, for instance https://www.americanadoptions.com/adopt/free_info, and view on my iPhone5 the form fields and see the placeholder text and the characters entered just fine. What is different with what I am doing?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu May 24, 2018 12:51 pm

I think the problem is related to the height of the input boxes.
In the breakpoint, the input boxes have a different height. The iPhone seems to use the height of the default view for the alignment and therefore the text is outside the box.

wysiDan

Post by wysiDan » Fri May 25, 2018 8:11 pm

Good job on figuring this one out. I increased the size of the box and also set the font to 10pt. It worked! I can now see the text on my iPhone5.

Thanks for all your help!

wysiDan