after submission, success page not loaded

Issues related to forms.
karelprochazka

after submission, success page not loaded

Post by karelprochazka » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi,
I made a form on one of my pages.
After submitting a form, I receive the e-mail, but the page is not redirected into successful page, which is created as a subpage of the registration page and is stuck at registration.php page.
I tried to delete a whole page to make sure that there no additional PHP scripting, but it does not work even on the brand new page. Both success and error pages are html.
You can see the problem at www.karelsoccer.com --> registration

Can someone help me by showing what silly mistake I am making. ;-)

Thank you,

Karel

Pablo

Re: after submission, success page not loaded

Post by Pablo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:11 pm

There is code at the start of the page, this is not correct. Scripts should not be at the start of the page. This makes PHP fail to redirect.

karelprochazka

Post by karelprochazka » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:03 pm

I am sorry if I misunderstand. Are you saying that the script cannot start before the <head> or <body>?
I just input the form using the Wizard, so I do not chose where to insert the HTML code (I am not good with HTML at all). So, how do I fix the problem. I imagine by cutting and pasting the code somewhere else in the HTML of the page?
Can you tell me what part of the code (I assume from <?php to ?>) do I cut and where do I paste it (right after<body> or elsewhere). I am sorry if it is not part of your software, but more general HTML question, but I am trying to figure out, how to use the Wizard, without going into HTML coding.
Thanks
KarelBTW, on the same website I made page_1 page, with the same form and no other element at all, and it still inserts itself right at the beginning of the HTML code. How do I make sure that the php form inserts itself into proper place in HTML code?

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:18 pm

You do not need to do anything to it the 'Form' will place itself correctly. The code in question it what you have manually (Facebook) inserted at the page start, this can be removed the same way that you inserted by either one of the following Site HTML or Page HTML. Note the software will not have added this by itself it is a user input.

karelprochazka

Post by karelprochazka » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:08 am

I see and thank you for quick reply. I will see what I can figure out. I tried to make a new - page1, where there is elements (Facebook or others) switched the extension to .php and tried to run it to see if there is any interference from anything. But when I upload it I get a page with php script written "underneath" the form. And after I submit the form, I get some weird page with generic hosting message.
I tried to view the page HTML and I see the script from Facebook button. How do I remove the script? I cannot do it from the HTML view and I do not see a way to do it. I see how to add html code, but not a way to remove it.
Anyway, so those are two of my questions - why it does not work in blank page, and second how do I remove the script in HTML?
Thanks

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:52 am

You can remove the script the same way as you have added it.
If you added it via Page HTML or Site HTML then you can remove it there.