Recaptcha v2 problem.

Issues related to forms.
gregbarnes

Recaptcha v2 problem.

Post by gregbarnes » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:05 am

I am using Recaptcha v2 and it works fine except for one small problem. The form is completed and "I am not a Robot" is ticked and when the send button is clicked, it sends a confirmation email to the client and I get a copy in my email as well. The problem is that the Recaptcha is filling in a long line of numbers and letters (like its a field) and displaying it in the DBTS Preview Page. The field contents of the preview page are what is sent to the client. Is there a way of omitting the "G-recaptcha-response" field in the DBTS properties?
All ready to send:

Preview Page and what the client is sent as a confirmation email

This is the email the client gets as a confirmation after clicking "Send"

P.S. I do not use the built-in form processor script. I use WYSIWYG v10.4.8
Here is my website if you need to see https://www.dartmaster.com.au/orderform.php
Cheers for now,
Greg

BaconFries

Re: Recaptcha v2 problem.

Post by BaconFries » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:36 am

If could be that it was not designed to be used with Navaldesigns DBTS form processor...so could explain the error. I am sure Navaldesign will reply wit his own answer. See the following reCAPTCHA (v2) Setup and Pablos answer about its use quote below. Also note that WYSIWYG v10.4.8 is no longer supported.
The reCAPTCHA (v2) extension was designed to be used with the built-in form processor script only.

gregbarnes

Post by gregbarnes » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:07 am

Thank you guys for the response. I may have to buy v12 :) does it handle spam better than v10?
Cheers for now,
Greg

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:00 am

v12 does not handle spam different than other versions. The captcha extensions work the same way. There have been no requests to change this.