Form CSV files

Issues related to forms.
bry

Re: Form CSV files

Post by bry » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi George,

Is this the same kind of info I should use to have CSV files emailed to me? I notice I can add addresses so I assume there is no problem sending the CSV files to another address??? To summarize, I need CSV files sent to an email address each time the form is sent.

Also, I am looking for the instructions for your form. Found them:
http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/wb6/forms/fp_manual.php

But from reading this thread, it seems that your extension is dropped on top of the form I have already created in WB. Is that correct??

Thanks!!

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi Bry,

no, your issue is a bit different.
The CSV file created by the DBTS Form Processor, as well as the one created by the WWB built in processor, contain the data of ALL submissions (so not simply the last one)
Also, the CSV file, be default, can only be emailed to the "autoresponder" email address, as the processor has been designed as to be able to send attachments to the customer that fills in the form.

To be able to do what you want, the script has to be modified, and this can be acheived adding the necessary code in the "Custom processing" section.

You actually need to do this, in the mentioned section:
1. Add code to email the CSV file to the specified email address
2. Add code to delete the CSV file from the server (so with the next submission, a fresh new file will be created, emailed and then deleted).

You can drop the extension anywhere on the page, not necessarily on the form (as someone said in another thread, even "under the sink"). Of course the form must be created with the standard WWB tools, and its properties set as per manual. The manual is available by clicking "Help" on the extension properties window.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

bry

Post by bry » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:08 pm

So the CSV file accumulates the data?? Is that correct?

I am responsible for security and it bothers me that an insecure spreadsheet of contact info is sitting in the root of a website.

Is there a way to have the CSV file compressed with password protection and emailed? And if so, how could that password be hidden.

Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:46 pm

Yes, the CSV file stores the data submitted from ALL submissions (unless you do what I suggested above). Yes, you can compress the file on the server (using PHP) but NO, there is no way to password protect the zipped file before emailing it. This would require an executable on the server which is not allowed by any hosting company.

Consider storing the data in a MySQL database and download the content as CSV file only through the server c-panel.
www.dbtechnosystems.com

bry

Post by bry » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Thanks, you are a world of good info.

I am still looking for the section of code you mentioned. It is like looking for a needle in several haystack.