Blank sheet

Issues related to forms.
omu

Blank sheet

Post by omu » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:57 am

Hello.
When I updated my website I realized that the booking and contact forms did not work at all, they did not show up. There were no error messages, not weird things, just a blank sheet. Well, that is the weirdest thing I have ever seen since I've been using WB, no idea what happened.

I just created a Layout Grid, enabled the form and set php as file extension, the same way I have done with another website that is working properly. I'm using WB12.2.1

Then I had to outdate (I mean I went back to the previous site) the website and created a directory to test the new one but I don´t know what to do. I really need help.

This is link to the booking form: http://www.coffeenjungle.com/prueba2017/booking.php

Thanks in advance,
Orlando

Pablo

Re: Blank sheet

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:56 am

A blank screen usually means that there is an error on the page, but the server has disabled error messages.
You will need to contact your web host and ask them to enable PHP error messages. Then you can see what is wrong.
This is most likely an error in your settings.

omu

Post by omu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi Pablo,
Thank you for your the prompt response.

After many attempts, I discovered that the problem occurred in the message box of the form processing area. It seems that an apostrophe in the message caused the blank screen rather than an error in my settings. This is what I wrote in the message box: Coffee'N Jungle booking. So I deleted the apostrophe from the message and I typed CoffeeN Jungle booking instead and the problem was solved.

Thank you!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:28 pm

This is what I wrote in the message box: Coffee'N Jungle booking.
In PHP (forms) apostrophes need to be escaped, so you should write

Code: Select all

Coffee\'N Jungle booking.

omu

Post by omu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Got it!
Thank you and regards