forms and godaddy

Issues related to forms.
CJS

forms and godaddy

Post by CJS » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:57 am

For the first time in several years I am having trouble getting GoDaddy to process my form and send the desired email. The form appears to be processed correctly and goes to the success page. But no email is sent to the desired indicated email that is a godady email address. I am using the same settings I have used on several previous forms. I called godaddy buy the did not have an answer.
They said I needed to have a captcha included on the form. I have not previously used a captcha.
I checked the version of PHP being used for my hosting account. It is set at 5.2. It also has choices for 5.3 and 5.4.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

I did search the forum but all previous threads are from several months ago.

Thanks in advance.

BaconFries

Re: forms and godaddy

Post by BaconFries » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:16 am

From FAQ:
How can I make sure the 'from address' in the email message is the entered email in the form.

Make sure the email field in your form has the name 'email' (not 'e-mail' or 'Email', but 'email' !
Emails are not arriving in my inbox

6. Is your host GoDaddy? Unfortunately GoDaddy does not support PHP mail

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32967

No you don't need a capatcha this is preferential (your choice) to try and combat spam. GoDaddy like most hosts/server providers will try and pass the buck saying the PHP is at fault and everything is fine there side when it actually isnt.

If you do get this keep at them to ensure they fix any issues. The version of PHP used is server related but the script works using PHP5 to PHP7 you can set this within the forms settings. I would carefully read through the URL provided first as most issues are mentioned in it and post again if needed.

Note that the form is processed by Godaddy so if it doesn't work then either your settings are incorrect or there is an issue on the Godaddy side.

Pablo

Re: forms and godaddy

Post by Pablo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:09 am

Only GoDaddy can help you find out the reason why the email is not sent.
They should be able to see this in their logs.

Do your old forms still work?
Maybe GoDaddy has changed something on their side?