Editing form from wizard

Issues related to forms.
impwriter

Editing form from wizard

Post by impwriter » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:35 pm

Basic question: I created a form from template using the wizard. I now want to edit the Success page destination ( the page viewers are directed to after submission) - to change it to another page. Is this possible and how do i do it? or do i have to create a new form for every change?

Secondly, and pardon the very novice question, but if i want to create an email field, i am reading that i must write email ( as opposed to e-mail or Email) next to the field. This confuses me as it just seems i am typing it in anywhere on the page and can't see how the spelling could affect anything. ( am also confused why there wouldn't be an email field (in the list of options what to add) to add when creating the form - Isn't it absolutely necessary? How else am i to know the email address of the person writing me?)

I am including a link to my published page:

http://www.impwriter.com/Contact_Form.php

thanks in advance!

filmphotog

Re: Editing form from wizard

Post by filmphotog » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:57 pm

Hi, to change the Success/Error pages select the Form background and open object Properties. The pages can be changed in the first tab. Note the Success/Error pages needs to be html (not php).

The label in front of the field can be anything, for example E-mail.

I think the use of email is when you require the form to send confirmation email etc (not your form email).

You can use the Validate tab in the field to validate the correct Data Type: Email Address.
Last edited by filmphotog on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pablo

Re: Editing form from wizard

Post by Pablo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:09 pm

After you have created a form with the Form Wizard, your form is just a standard form. So you can modify it anyway you want. The wizard is just a tool to help you get started.

The name of your form field is correct.