Weird publishing error

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
alan_sh

Weird publishing error

Post by alan_sh »

Has anyone seen this?

Running 16.1.1 version.

I went into about 6 pages to edit some links. I also went into my MASTER page to edit a menu. When I published it, the master page published and the 6 pages published, but no others. I would expect ALL my pages to publish since they all use the master page.

I then went back into the Master page, changed a small item in the menu and republished. All pages then published. It also happened on a second very similar site.

Before I create a demo and see if I can reproduce this, has anyone seen anything like this?

Alan
Pablo

Re: Weird publishing error

Post by Pablo »

If you make changes to the master page then you will have to republisch all pages that use this master page. Not the master page itself, because it's is only used during design time.

See also this related topic:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 20&t=91089
alan_sh

Re: Weird publishing error

Post by alan_sh »

Pablo, I know this. I've been using a master page for years now.

As I said, it was only when I was editing other pages and then had to change a menu item on the master page that I saw the issue. And when I the JUST edited the master page again, it published just fine.

It's not a big deal as long as I look out for it in the publish log (and it's very apparent when it doesn't work). And, cutting the project down to provide a subset is probably not going to help.

I will just keep an eye on this and see if I can see any consistencies in what I do and what happens.

Alan