Publishing shows that WW16 is not saviing all breakpoints

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
Chris_t

Publishing shows that WW16 is not saviing all breakpoints

Post by Chris_t »

OK, here's a tricky one to get your head around. I have an odd problem which I have only noticed in the past few weeks. I make a change on a page in say 970 breakpoint and then check down through other breakpoints from 768, 480 and 320 to make sure that they are OK, if I then save it, every breakpoint for that page displays properly in the programme itself. If I then click on publish for that page only the breakpoint that I was in when I saved the project is showing the changes. It doesn't seem to update the other breakpoints. If I then save the project in each of the breakpoints individually the published file is then correct in all four breakpoints. By the way, I publish the site to a folder on my computer before uploading it to the Internet so I check the files in my saved folder. Anyone ever had this problem? I am wondering if a re-install of the programme might help but not sure exactly how to go about that other than the usual way in Windows.
Pablo

Re: Publishing shows that WW16 is not saviing all breakpoints

Post by Pablo »

For some modifications (like adding new objects) you may need to switch to the other breakpoints to make sure the style is generated for those breakpoints. Otherwise the styles may be 'undefined'.
So, it's always a good idea to review all breakpoints before publishing the page.
Chris_t

Post by Chris_t »

I already do that as I said in my original post "and then check down through other breakpoints from 768, 480 and 320 to make sure that they are OK". Only saving in every breakpoint seems to solve the problem but that gets tedious with a lot of pages.

Maybe a reinstall would help? Do I have to do anything in particular to get a clean install and if I do will I have licensing problems?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I do not think you need to save each breakpoint.
The reason why you need to switch to a breakpoint because otherwise the style for that object does not exist in the breakpoint.

Reinstalling the software does not change this behavior.
Chris_t

Post by Chris_t »

I am not sure how to make this any clearer, if I switch to each breakpoint in turn to see if the new or changed item appears correctly and then save the project, everything looks fine in the programme but when I publish it, only the breakpoint that I was in when I saved the project is correct. The other breakpoints still have the old version of the page. If I go back and save the project in another breakpoint and then publish, that breakpoint is also correct leaving the remaining breakpoints wrong until I save them one at a time. It has only been doing this a few weeks. I am not sure if it coincided with an updated version of the software or not.

Just a reminder that the published files are saved in a folder on the computer before I upload them to the site. Nowadays I check the local folder content works properly before I upload any changes.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Do you have the same problem in preview?
Did you publish all files?
Do you have an example project to demonstrate this behavior?

Important: I do not need your complete project. Only a small demo with the relevant elements.

Related FAQ:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134
Chris_t

Post by Chris_t »

I can't remember about preview and yes I am publishing all files. I have just tried some changes on a page and it's behaving normally in all breakpoints. This seems to be an intermittent problem. The next time it does what I have described I will send you an example. Thanks for your help Pablo.
lummis

Post by lummis »

Could it be a problem with cache? Next time it happens use Ctrl+F5 when viewing the page online to check.
Chris_t

Post by Chris_t »

lummis wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:18 pm Could it be a problem with cache? Next time it happens use Ctrl+F5 when viewing the page online to check.
Thanks for the thought but I have considered that. I am mostly checking this using the computer stored version of the site after being caught out by this problem several times after uploading pages that I thought the software had fully published only to find that it had only changed some of the breakpoints and not all of them despite all breakpoints showing correctly in WB16. On top of that this appears to be an intermittent fault as I cannot reproduce it every time I make changes to a page.