Publishing is not taking changes.

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
TarotPerSe

Publishing is not taking changes.

Post by TarotPerSe »

Why is my changes not taking even after everything is fine. I cleaned out cache, open windows , etc, on phone and desktop and still my site does not publish the way I am making the site. Everything is fine on my end with the program, but after it publishes, it does not take the changes or I have to re-publish many times the same thing in hope that something changes. Or if I add an image or something it is like way too big than what is placed on my site in the program. But that too when published goes big out of line from where it is supposed to be. I already wasted a lot of time getting this site going. I have a lot more to do as time goes on. And this problem is holding up my business and setting me back way behind schedule. I am even considering changing my hosting service as well because of this. Any help is most appreciated.
Thank you
Jeannine
crispy68

Re: Publishing is not taking changes.

Post by crispy68 »

Why is my changes not taking even after everything is fine.
It could be a number of reason: 1. are you sure you are publishing to the correct folder? 2. Did you do a hard refresh (control + F5)? 3. Are all the files being published that need to be published?
Or if I add an image or something it is like way too big than what is placed on my site in the program
Do your images have spaces or odd characters in them? Images should not contain spaces.

Does everything look correct when you preview your site? Do you have a link to your site? Can you provide a copy of your project file so we can see what's going on? It's very difficult to diagnose an issue based just on your description as the program has thousands of settings.
Pablo

Re: Publishing is not taking changes.

Post by Pablo »

If there are no errors in the publish log then this is most likely a cache related issue, either in your browser or on the server side.
To be able yo help you we need more information:
- what is the URL of the page?
- which changes did you make?
- what information is in the publish log?

Also, try another computer so you can be sure it's not an issue with your computer only.