*** SOLVED *** Publish to Ionos hosting site fails

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
webmasters@uchug.org

*** SOLVED *** Publish to Ionos hosting site fails

Post by webmasters@uchug.org »

Hi Pablo,
On 10/7/2020 I published changes to uchug.org without issue with WYSIWYG 15.4.5. I am making changes for this month and publishing fails. Publish settings are the same using FTP with TLS/SSL (Port 990-Implicit) and passive mode. Running the test from publish shows username and password are OK. When I click Explore it opens but only shows aspnet_client but no other directories or files. Can't remember if this is normal. I tried renaming the publish.dat file and created a new one with the same results. I can FTP with FileZilla and it lists all folders and files. I can transfer files with FileZilla without issue. I also tried the demo version of WYSIWYG 16 with the same results. I called Ionos support and they are looking at it, but think it might be a WYSIWYG issue? Any ideas?
zinc

Re: Publish to Ionos hosting site fails

Post by zinc »

I use IONOS and as far I know you have to use SFTP and not FTP... I have just uploaded to it (using 15.4) and no issues. I doubt it is an issue with WWB...
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I doubt that this is a WWB related issue. I also have IONOS and it works without any problem for me.
This is most likely an error in your configuration or on the server side.
Maybe the remote folder is incorrect?
BWoods

Post by BWoods »

Tried to set to SFTP using SSH in both FileZilla and WYSIWYG 15.4. Connection fails on FileZilla and get initial TCP/IP connection fails. Also fails to connect with with SFTP when I click the test in WYSIWYG. Does connect OK with FileZilla using the FTP with TLS implicit and can transfer files. Connects OK with test and explore in WYSIWYG using FTP with TLS, but will not publish files stating publish fails. I looked at ionos and followed the steps in their FAQ page for setting up FileZilla to use SSH. FileZilla fails to connect to my server location on Ionos. Could it be that Ionos has changed something on their end to use SSH for SFTP and my directory is not set up properly to accept?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I am using SFTP using SSH2 for IONOS. The remote folder is set to '/'
I don't think they have changed something, at least not for my account.
zinc

Post by zinc »

Pablo wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:05 am I am using SFTP using SSH2 for IONOS. The remote folder is set to '/'
I don't think they have changed something, at least not for my account.
Same here...
BWoods

Post by BWoods »

I think the problem is on the Ionos server. When I open the WYSIWYG publish, Edit and Explore I only see .. for Up Dir and the aspnet_client directory. No other folders or files. Using FileZilla I see the entire structure. I am using the exact same FTP with TLS settings for WYSIWYG as is in FileZilla. I am set up on a Windows IIS server with Ionos so FTPS (FTP with TLS implicit) is correct for my FTP settings. Ionos Unix servers use SFTP with SSH. Ionos is sending my issue up to second tier support. Will post their findings, and hopefully, fix.
zinc

Post by zinc »

Sorry not sure. I have just uploaded an entire site and no issues. Perhaps there is an issue specifically with your account.
BWoods

Post by BWoods »

Funny, when my problem was sent up to second tier support a day later all was working again using FTP with TLS implicit as Ionos requires for Windows host server. Still haven't received an email from them about the fix. So you were right, not a WYSIWYG issue.
zinc

Post by zinc »

BWoods wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:51 pm Funny, when my problem was sent up to second tier support a day later all was working again using FTP with TLS implicit as Ionos requires for Windows host server. Still haven't received an email from them about the fix. So you were right, not a WYSIWYG issue.
Glad to hear it. Generally they are very good. (At least here in the UK).