***SOLVED***Tried uploading my site to hosting and failed

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
TarotPerSe

***SOLVED***Tried uploading my site to hosting and failed

Post by TarotPerSe »

I tried uploading my site to my hosting service and the publishing stopped at Password not excepted. I only have 1 password to my hosting service. I tried twice and stopped at the same place. I am using WB 15 by the way. Any ideas?

Thank you
Jeannine
tarotperse.com
wwonderfull

Re: Tried uploading my site to hosting and failed

Post by wwonderfull »

As it is a related to password we can not ask a demo for your privacy but I do have experience on that. Trust me you have given a wrong password do not just double check triple check it. then verify if it has the Host: Port: Username and Password: correctly written. And also make sure you have the right directory selected. like htdocs or public_html meaning your default directory location. And most importantly try to see if those directory has permissions 755.

For more information on permissions please see this:
***Link removed***
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Link removed what exactly has W**dPr**s got to do with the program?...it will only cause confusion.

@TarotPerSe
Please see the following
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=36493
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe your host has changed your password? Or maybe they have switched to Secure FTP?

Note that the software does not validate your password, it will be sent to the server "AS IS". The 'Password not excepted" error is a message from the server.
alan_sh

Post by alan_sh »

You could try connecting with FileZilla and see whether it works for that.

Alan
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

I strongly believe the problem maybe with host's server if password is not wrong @Pablo is on point correct. So please contact the hosters for more information.
TarotPerSe

Post by TarotPerSe »

Hi Guys!
Happy to inform you that my website is up and running! It is https://tarotperse.com. It is fully not completed yet and it is very simple for now, but it is up.! I had to change my hosting password. It wouldn't except the( * ) symbol I had in my password. Also had to change my FTP engine to winsock and 120 seconds to time out. Not bad for an old fart lady huh!! I am 62years young. I still got it!!

Thank you guys!!
Jeannine :D