Changes will not update

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
Ray194

Changes will not update

Post by Ray194 »

I recently purchased/downloaded the new Ver 15. Since doing so, when I make changes to my web pages and re-publish the changes. The changes do not appear. If I check my work in the preview, it look great but when publishing the changes do not appear. I have tried publishing by selected page and then by the entire web site (still no luck).

I am also having problems with publishing. I publish one site ok and then when I try to update another and publish it another site comes up

the sites are
ioof-stl.org
wildeylodge2.org
Stlouischapter2.org

this problem only started when I update to ver 15

I have six web sites that need to be updated but can not. please help....
ColinM

Re: Changes will not update

Post by ColinM »

Hi Ray,
Are you clearing your cache/browser history. I've found that, especially with tablets and mobiles, you need to completely clear your history first.
TIP - With tablet browsers, copy the URL first, a "paste and go" will save you having to retype the url.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

First note that there are no known issues with publishing, otherwise they would have already been fixed.
Most problems are either related to wrong configuration or firewall related issues.

To be able to help you, I need more information,.
Did you manually enter the pubish settings or did the software automatically use the publish settings from the previous versions?
Did you enable webbuilder.exe in your firewall to use your internet connection?
Are there any errors in the publish log?
What should the website look like?
Ray194

Post by Ray194 »

Two major problems.

I recently downloaded your new Ver 15. Prior to this I have not had any problems and I have used this program since ver. 11

1. WILL NOT UPDATE WEB SITE/PAGES: when using Ver 15. I pulled up my web site ioof-stl.org and made changes.(I did not change any settings) and upon publishing it nothing happens. I have tried several times.

2. PUBLISHING: when I published the above site ( ioof-stl.org) and upon reviewing it, another web site appeared. The web site that appears is another one that I created ( stlchapter22.org). I checked the settings for publishing and the settings for ioof-stl.org appeared. I put the correct information in for stlchapter22.org but nothing happens. PLEASE HELP.

When I originally set up the publishing information for each site, I followed the video's that were within the program. I entered
Type: FTP (Standard File Transfer Protocol)
Description: Name of Site
URL; http://ioof-stl.org (this was change for each web site)
Host: 107.180.50.185
Username: ioofstl
Password XXXXXXXXXX
Remote folder /Public_html

When I check to see what the publishing information is in each site they are all the same as above. what caused this to change.

Thank you
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I need more information to be able to help you.
What information is in the publish log?
Are there any errors?

Did you make sure that each publish profile has a unique name?
See also the 'important' note in the tutorial:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/publish.html
Ray194

Post by Ray194 »

Thank you for your help, but this is driving me nuts. I checked for errors and founds these. t

04/05/2020 16:52:22.688 Error: 550 Can't change directory to /Public_html: No such file or directory

04/05/2020 16:52:22.690 Error: 550 Can't change directory to /Public_html: No such file or directory

Therefore, I assume that the problem is with the remote folder. which one is the correct one is this created by the program or by Go-Daddy who host my sites. When I go to the explore button I see lots of files which one is the correct one.

thank you
bkjohns

Post by bkjohns »

Did you put in /Public_html (capped P)? Try all lowercase for directory names.
Ray194

Post by Ray194 »

The Remote folder is entered correctly.

why am I have difficulty with each web site. I have checked each web site publish information and if I make a change to the publish information it changes all of them. this is getting worse. Can the Remote folders be deleted and start over. Also if each website uses the Remote folder (/Public_html) does this create problems.

I have 6 different web sites using your program. I like using this program and have for some time. I have had small problems in the past, but that was from lack of knowledge. Since updating to ver 15 it has become a major problem.

Is there anyway that I can talk to someone or have someone access my machine to help correct this problem. this needs to be resolved. I do not want to have to redo these.

I contacted the company (Go-Daddy) that host my sites to see if there is a problem on their end. but they indicate everything is find.

please advise as to options.

thank you

Ray
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Are you sure the remote folder is /Public_html ?
Usually it is /public_html
The error seems to confirm this.
04/05/2020 16:52:22.688 Error: 550 Can't change directory to /Public_html: No such file or directory
I can ensure you that this issue has nothing to do with version 15, otherwise other users would have the same problem.
This can only be a configuration issue.

The only way I can help you with this, is if I know all your settings.
But first please change the folder /public_html
clarkep

Post by clarkep »

Ray194: I use GoDaddy as my host as well and use ver 15 now and i have no problem the publish folder is as Pablo said /public_html and not /Public_html as you have typed also i use SFTP using SSH2 (secure Shell) when publishing to GoDaddy in wysiwyg web builder but you need to make sure SSH is turned on by logging into your GoDaddy account go to web hosting then manage then server where it says settings on the right of the screen then SSH access and click on manage and turn it on. then i use the ip address the server ip address and the cpanel login and password that is has listed for the SFTP info for the publish settings in wysiwyg web builder and that seems to work for me.
Ray194

Post by Ray194 »

Thank you for your help

no changes have been made to the remote folder. it was /public_html.
I will check my do daddy account for your recommendations.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Please note that
/Public_html
is not the same as
/public_html

The server is case sensitive.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

When you get the following 'FTP 550 No such file or directory’ it generally means that no file or folder does not exist. It can also occur if you are trying to upload file to an incorrect path.

If the folder or files have wrong permissions this will also cause ‘FTP 550 No such file or directory’. This usually happens when you the user doesnt have enough privileges to edit or open file use are trying to access.

To try and resolve check that the file / folder actually exists, check both there permissions to ensure they are correct, finally check that you have the correct privileges to be able to edit / open the file / folder you wish to access. I would also suggest you contact GoDaddy and ask have they changed anything recently and do they now require you to now use SFTP rather than FTP as it is now requirement by many hosting companies.
Ray194

Post by Ray194 »

Well the problem was finally resolved. With the help of your support team, I discovered that the problem was the remote folder. The sites were not pointing to the correct locations Once that was corrected every thing fell into place. All sites have been updated (thank goodness).

Still learning about the new features in Ver. 15 will let you know. Again thanks for all the help...…..