Classes applied in style manager don't exist upon publish

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
waynethetodd

Classes applied in style manager don't exist upon publish

Post by waynethetodd »

Hey everyone! Long time no see (I think it's been about an hour)

Just wanting to point out another function in the program who's implementation seems off to me. It seems that the style manager create faux classes that only show up in the editor? What is the purpose of this function?

also fun bonus feature: why does the program handle line height exactly the opposite of what you tell the it to do?

Here's a video of what I am talking about. Hopefully this array of features gets fixed soon! I'm sorry I am at work and do not have the ability to go through the site and delete every object that's not being used as per this forums usual request.

https://www.useloom.com/share/d2dca4202 ... db452db3e2
crispy68

Re: Classes applied in style manager don't exist upon publish

Post by crispy68 »

It seems that the style manager create faux classes that only show up in the editor? What is the purpose of this function?
I'm a bit confused. I watched your video and I'm not sure what the issue is exactly. It appears you are using a Heading Object and then creating a style in the style manager to apply to the Heading object. In your heading object you have the text set to Tahoma 16pt and in the style manager it's Tahoma set to 14pt. I can see when you apply the style that it does change. The question is why are you creating a style in the style manager when you can control the style in the heading object? The style manager is for global styles and there is already an <h2> style created to use. The heading object allows you to create another <h2> heading that's separate from the global style one.

As for the line-height, what exactly do you mean? example?
Pablo

Re: Classes applied in style manager don't exist upon publish

Post by Pablo »

The name of the style is invalid. It should not include <h2>, this makes the name invalid.
<hx> may only be used for the 6 default headings.

Also, note that heading styles should only be used on text, not on containers.
The heading object itself already a heading, so you are trying to wrap a heading around heading!

Related tutorial:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/style_manager.html