jquery Error with carousel

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
dogman

jquery Error with carousel

Post by dogman » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:03 am

Hi,

I just went to the console in Chrome to check errors in my jquery on my web site and found that all the different carousels that I had previously used and that were working now produce an error and stay stuck on the first page.
I tried downloading the full jquery-3.3.1.min.js to my server and referencing that but it made no difference.

What am I missing or is there a bug in this carousel object ? It was working until a few days ago.

The error I get is:

jQuery.Deferred exception: $(...).carousel is not a function TypeError: $(...).carousel is not a function
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (https://crawfords.network/:6744:20)
at l (https://crawfords.network/jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2:29375)
at c (https://crawfords.network/jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2:29677) undefined
w.Deferred.exceptionHook @ jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2
c @ jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2
setTimeout (async)
(anonymous) @ jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2
u @ jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2
fireWith @ jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2
fire @ jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2
u @ jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2
fireWith @ jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2
ready @ jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2
_ @ jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2
jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2 Uncaught TypeError: $(...).carousel is not a function
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> ((index):6744)
at l (jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2)
at c (jquery-3.3.1.min.js:2)

Pablo

Re: jquery Error with carousel

Post by Pablo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:58 am

Maybe you have added conflicting code to the page?
To be able to help you I need more details about what you have done.

dogman

Post by dogman » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi Pablo,

Once again you have managed to point to the obvious that I was unable to see. I had been looking for some deep rooted issue but in fact it was a very simple issue of a typo in my code to include a Google script at the top of my master page that was causing the errors.

I fixed the issue and all is well again at least so far as your software and its included scripts is concerned.

I apologise for inferring your software had a bug.

Sometimes all it takes is another point of view or a fresh unbiased opinion to find these errors or to point one to where they might be occurring.

I have a habit of searching for the most complex reasons for an issue and I often miss the most simple most obvious solutions because of this.

On another topic though, I had hoped to re-read a reply you made to a post I made several months ago on 25 November 2017 on style sheets and how to setup 2 styles with one as the style when in focus and the other the style when not in focus but it seems to have been removed. Please tell me the steps on how to create a style that is applied when my input box is in focus and the regular style when its not the focus. I know how to setup the regular default style but cant seem to work out exactly how to create a focus style. I copied my style in style manager and then added ":focus" to its name but this still isn't working. What am I missing here ? I can do it with hard coded CSS but thats tedious and I know that I am close to working this out with WWB but I am missing something... any tips you can provide would be appreciated.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:18 pm