WB not showing SFTP options

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
Garran

WB not showing SFTP options

Post by Garran » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:41 pm

My server is now using SFTP so just purchased the Secure FTP extension today, however there are no new options appearing after install in the drop down as indicated on the sales page.

I'm using WB version 11.6 and it indicated the extension was loaded by extension manager, but no new options. Also tried just copying the indicated files into the extension directory, but still nothing.

Thought perhaps it was because my original WB install was version 10 & was upgraded to 11.6, but I've also just tried to install on a new PC with only WB14 and got the same results.

Anyone have any ideas why this is not working or how to fix it?
THANKS!

Pablo

Re: WB not showing SFTP options

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:54 am

Did you install the extension in the correct folder?

Garran

Post by Garran » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:10 pm

Yes, in the folder as indicated in the instructions: My documents/wysiwyg wb/system/extensions

I even tried deleting that folder, then using the manual installation in extension manager to install & it created the folder again & placed the file there, but still no new options.

I've tried this on my pc, my laptop & on a friend's pc who has only recently purchased WB 14 (no earlier versions ever installed) & it does the same thing on all of them.

Thanks!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Maybe the file is blocked by your virus scanner?

Or maybe you have select a different system folder in Tools->Options->Files & Folders?

Do other extensions work?

Note that this can only be a configuration issue. No one else has ever report an problem with this, so I am pretty sure that it works correctly.

Garran

Post by Garran » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:52 pm

Just turned off my anti-virus (AVG) and reinstalled extension - no change.
Turned off Spybot and reinstalled - no change.
Turned off MalwareBytes and reinstalled - no change.
There are no other anti-virus or anti-malware programs installed.

Never made any change to the folder option, but double-checked to make sure it was the same - using C:\Users\Randal\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder which is where the system and extension folders are contained with the secureft.wbx and secureft.uwb files located in it. Just made sure again that they are there.

This is the only extension that I've ever used, so there are no other extensions installed. However in the extension manager it indicates that it was installed successfully each time I try and in the right hand side now indicates the last update was 10/16/18. But there has been no change in the options offered in the FTP settings.

THANKS!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:06 pm

Can you please try to install another extension, so we can be sure that works?

Also, can you make a screenshot of the extension folder?
And the options you have available in the publish settings?

By the way, do you have a license for version 14? because I could not find it.
Extensions do not work in the demo/trial version.

Garran

Post by Garran » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:57 pm

OK - just installed the Horizontal Drop Down Menu extension. Extension Manager says it was successfully installed, but it is not listed under the Installed Extensions part of Extension Manager. I used the Manual Install to install it just as I had for the SFTP extension.

I'm including images of Extensions folders, the FTP options screen and also the Extension Manager after installing both extensions. It appears that extensions are not installing when I'm using the Manual Install function in Extension Manager. I just used the Online Ext Gallery to install Mini Flash Player and it installed correctly and shows up in WB that I can use (last pic) Could this be an issue with the Manual Installation?

No, I do not have WB14 but after several hours of trying to get my PC to work, took it to a friend who I had convinced to purchase WB14 to create her website to see if it was an issue with my PC or my version of WB, but did the same thing on hers. I was trying to narrow down the problem. If we can get this figured out, she will need to purchase a copy as well since she uses the same host server that I do.

THANKS!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:24 pm

Something is wrong.
The names of the extensions are not correct. They seems to be clipped.
SECUEFT.UWB and SECUREFT.WBX is not correct.

The secure extension must be called "secureftp.uwbx"

Note that the demo version of WB14 does not support extensions.

Garran

Post by Garran » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Sorry - I edited my previous post apparently just as you answered. I updated it with that information as well as possible reason for the problem.
THANKS!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:44 pm

Something is wrong.
The names of the extensions are not correct. They seems to be clipped.
SECUEFT.UWB and SECUREFT.WBX is not correct.

Please make sure you unzip the files with their original names otherwise it will not work.

Garran

Post by Garran » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Apparently problem is solved! I just extracted the ZIP using 7-Zip instead of Winzip and the files are named correctly.

Just did the manual install with the newly unzipped files and installed correctly and SFTP options are available! YAY! Thank you so much for helping to narrow down this issue. (I'll let my friend know it's OK for her to purchase a copy of the extension now too.)

May I make a suggestion? Including a list of the extracted files within the PDF or Readme files might be helpful. I had no idea that they had been named incorrectly when they were extracted.

THANK YOU! :D