HTML code not publishing correctly since 12.5 update

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
captainbogo

HTML code not publishing correctly since 12.5 update

Post by captainbogo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:23 pm

On a new page I right click for Page HTML Place some code in start of page.
click on Between head tags paste some code click ok and save page.
right click on page select Page HTML to verify code is in place and it is.
I select html object drag onto page, double click HTML Properites box appears, select use <div> past code in place click ok.
Save page. Right click on page select Page HTML to verify all code is in place. it has 53 lines of code.
Publish page message successfully published!

Page does not work in browser.
When I look at page view source through browser it shows only 12 lines of code.
wb12 is not publishing all the code to the page.
when I look at the code in wb12 Page HTML the code is in place.
Code is not being published to website correctly!

crispy68

Re: HTML code not publishing correctly since 12.5 update

Post by crispy68 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:34 pm

You don't say what kind of code you are adding? html, php, css?

If it's .js code, do you have 'generate external JS file for page specific scripts' checked? Same for CSS code.

If it's .php code, it is not visible when published and will not run unless on a server which is why it wont work in preview.

captainbogo

Post by captainbogo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:47 pm

php - the software developer of the code has been working with me to help me find out why wb12 is not publishing the code correctly.
He downloaded wb12 and it works fine for him using the exact same code. I have several pages in my site using his php code and working great. It is the same code used by many of his customers. We have been working on the problem for several days. It is very strange why the code shows it is in the page html but when published most of code is lost. we are both baffeled. I have been using wwb for many years with no problem. I have many websites using wwb. He finally said I needed to contact wb12 support to see if you can help.

captainbogo

Post by captainbogo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:02 pm

crispy68 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:34 pm
You don't say what kind of code you are adding? html, php, css?

If it's .js code, do you have 'generate external JS file for page specific scripts' checked? Same for CSS code.

If it's .php code, it is not visible when published and will not run unless on a server which is why it wont work in preview.
Generate external js file for page specific scrripts. yes is checked yes css code checked
Php is working on other pages. The Code is disappearing when I publish the pages.

crispy68

Post by crispy68 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:51 pm

He downloaded wb12 and it works fine for him using the exact same code.
This would tell me that it has nothing to do with WB12 or the code itself. You say it works on other pages. Is there anything specific about the page that is not working compared to the other pages that do work? Is there other code on this page as sometimes there could be some sort of conflict?

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:40 am

If the code you are trying to use has prevoiusly worked then you may have used wrong or is invalid some how. When posting it is always best to provide a working url so that we can view, and then say what you may have done wrong. Also try to be more specific, by this give a exact step by step on how you used. As already asked are you using javascript/jquery?, if yes did you select generate external file for JavaScripts'? if so not all scripts will work with this and you should leave this unchecked and the code placed between the <head></head> tags using Page HTML.

Can you say if you might have selected HTML Beautifier? again if selected uncheck as this can break the php/HTML. When using php the page extension must be .php and the page published to a server that supports it as it cannot be viewed locally. In general assistance on custom code such as you are trying to use it not supported as it is understood you already know how to use.

captainbogo

Post by captainbogo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:41 pm

In the tools/options, When I unchecked the "Generate external JS file for page specific scripts and the Move JavaScripts to the end of the page"
Everything is working fine.
Thanks for your insight! I'm convinced you are a WWB Genius (Haha)
Thanks so much!

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:34 pm

Thanks for the compliment 😉...but genius not really :blush: glad I just helped.