Having to publish all files

Issues related to previewing and publishing your web site.
mikew

Having to publish all files

Post by mikew » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:25 am

In a new page I added a jquery dialog to include Header - Background Mode - Texture and 2 identical shapes. Also a text link to open the dialog and a jquery tooltip. Selected all and saved as a block.

Inserted the block into an existing page and published all files. Worked fine. Inserted the block into a second page and published HTML only. The texture and 2 shapes do not appear although everything else is fine, I have to publish all files in every page the block is placed in.

As the texture and shape files have already been uploaded is this correct that I will still have to publish all files in every page?

I also published all files in the original page that the block was created in but didn't make any difference.

Thank you.

Pablo

Re: Having to publish all files

Post by Pablo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:35 am

As the texture and shape files have already been uploaded is this correct that I will still have to publish all files in every page?
This is correct. A shape is an image. If you insert a copy of the shape then a new image will be created (because the shape may have unique properties).
So if you publish only publish HTML files then the images will be missing.

mikew

Re: Having to publish all files

Post by mikew » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:47 am

OK, understood. Thank you.